How to?

wfoxfox

If he is on a rock that you can get to the base, slowly work a fingernail under the base. GO SLOW but it will start giving way and keep working back and forth. You just need to do one and then it is old hat. I can help on thurs evening if you wait that long.

(edited)

OK That sounds good Rob, but of course, it can never be that simple for me. It is attached to a rock that isn't coming out of the tank :-(

Edited by wfoxfox

ice cube at the foot if you can't take the rock from the tank, or something waterproof that vibrates against the foot, you can use your imagination with this one but I manged to get something for around $7 that has worked well to remove 3 anems

Slowly pry away the foot from the rock. That's how I got 2 anenomes out. I tore one in half by accident and now both halves have recovered. I have 4 RBTA's now out of the original 1.

ice cube at the foot if you can't take the rock from the tank, or something waterproof that vibrates against the foot, you can use your imagination with this one but I manged to get something for around $7 that has worked well to remove 3 anems

what did you use?

or use a small power head MJ900 or 1200 and point the flow at the base not too close to have too much flow but just enough where it will start to move. This has worked all the time. good luck

what did you use?

I've never used this method, but one of those vibrating razor handles might do the trick. Mach 3 or some such. . .

I used a fingernail on mine, but it was a PITA! Tried the dangling and he wouldn't let go. Stretched about a foot and then started to dry out after 30 mins or so.

There's a few ways. The ice cube trick has never worked for me. Since you can't get the rock out, you can put something over the anemone and to one side, so that a little light comes in on the other. put a small rock on the side that has the light coming in, and the anemone should move, and hopefully onto the rock. You can try the fingernail trick, they are pretty hardy. Try what ctenophore suggested with the hammer, I've never heard this before, but if chip came up with it, it must work ;). Last thing I would suggest would be to take a hammer and chisel in the water and try and break off the piece of the rock that the nem's attached to.

I've never used this method, but one of those vibrating razor handles might do the trick. Mach 3 or some such. . .

Thanks! I'll try that when Steve is ready for his. I can't point a powerhead at it since it's right next to it's clone and I dont want the larger one to move.

Thanks! I'll try that when Steve is ready for his. I can't point a powerhead at it since it's right next to it's clone and I dont want the larger one to move.

i blew the turkey blaster gently ...literally i peeled it off..

Sometimes I use my wife's tooth brush and gently swish around the base like I've seen her do to her gums.

Then I do a quick rinse and put it back in the holder before she catches me.

Not sure how'd she respond to that but not likely too well.

j/k

The hammer trick works the best.

... or something waterproof that vibrates against the foot, you can use your imagination with this one but I manged to get something for around $7 that has worked well to remove 3 anems

LOL. I think I've got the picture.... That's just plain innovative.