WAMAS Social Event

johnnybv

I won't be able to get there until around 5:00 - I HOPE you can hold off the races until I'm there, AND that you will not sell all the hermit crabs before I get there!

Johnny,

do you have any objection to me bringing veggie dogs for you to put on the grill (in foil)?

I will hold off the hermit crab races until after 5, just for you forest!

Veggie dogs are fine, bring em, I didnt think about that, so if you have a few extra just incase there are any other members that would prefer a non meat food, that would be great!

john

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Non meat! I was thinking about bringing one of the cow from across the road for you John. :lol2:

Edited by lhcorals

do you have any objection to me bringing veggie dogs for you to put on the grill (in foil)?

I would'nt have a problem either as long as you kept it in foil.

I'd hate to have the veggie dog ruin the cooking surface for meat.

Thanks to every one!!! A great turn out, great times......Great sales!

And Now the Winners of our events!

Hermit Crab Race winner Hanna!! What a ringer she brought! $25 gift certificate

Putting contest

1 st Kevin Garrison $25 gift certificate

2nd Mike Rudd $ 10 Gift certificate

Door Prize winner --- 3 gallon complete nano set up

Jason Barret! Fryschool101

Jason please contact me to arrange pick up!

Thanks Again,

John

Thanks to every one!!! A great turn out, great times......Great sales!

John,

Kudos to you for putting the social together. A big thanks to your wonderful staff. They were all very attentive, very helpful and fun to be around. I had a wonderful time with my fellow WAMAS members. It was nice seeing you guys and gals. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We really should have more get togethers.

Jan

Awesome event, I always enjoy stopping by. I got the fish and corals that I wanted and really enjoyed seeing everyone and as always the customer service was top notch, thanks again for hosting a great social.

Thanks John for putting this on. It look's like you had a great turn out. I guess this is one more reason to support your LFS as much as possible. You don't get these gathering's off the internet. The Anthias look great in the tank, super sweet color.

(edited)

Always a pleasure going down there. GREAT CLAMS! and GREAT PRICES ON THEM!!! Less than 50% of some other stores! Very happy with the one we picked up. We'll be back with a crew of 4 on Thursday John.

Great fish too. Too bad I couldn't talk the wife into the Rhomboid pair. Guess its hard when your known as the fish killer!

Nice seeing everyone once again.....

Edited by Sikryd

Wish we had got name tags or something cuz I really didn't see many people I knew...I probably talk with most of ya online but had no idea who everyone was. John.. I have no idea which one you were. You weren't going around introducing yourself or anything. As to the corals...not the biggest selection and a little expensive for me.. even with the sales. Was nice seeing the new place though. Its a big improvement from the last location. Thanks again for setting this up.

Wish we had got name tags or something cuz I really didn't see many people I knew...I probably talk with most of ya online but had no idea who everyone was.

i feel the same, i could only recognize a few peeps and i got some nice corals.

We had a great time Johnny, thanks for doing this for the group. The fish are acclimated and doing great, though Michele's anthias is hiding. Great prices and a good time appeared to be had by all, the putting contest was fun, I'm amazed I won beings my handicap is playing golf.

Kevin, Michele & Alexander

Johnny,

Sorry I couldn't make it in today with Jon and Kathryn but they sure did have a great time! I really appreciated your help with the Father's Day Gift Certificate for Jon, he was pleasantly surprised. The corals (gorgeous by the way) and the fish are all acclimating nicely. Thanks for the salt special too.

I know these events take a lot of time and planning, thanks to you and your amazing staff for putting it on, it sounds like it was a great success for everyone!

Hope to see you soon, I know there's a coral Pete was talking to Jon about that he wished he picked up.................so we'll be back!

Maureen

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! It is really a lot of work putting those events together, not to mention the expense. Stinks about the name tags, one of the officers usually heads up some sort of registration table and does that, but the only one that could make it was Craig and he was the cook! So food or name tags? You know what won!

John

The clam was worth the 2hr drive! Thanks again John

Here is a picture of it just opening up this morning....

Clam.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it John. Hoefully Craig explained the dilema. Looke like a great time was had!

you were missed...... :sad:

john

(edited)

Thanks for putting together yet another BRK social! I got a box of salt - and an azalea plant. And then went back this morning to get another dozen azaleas! :)

AND - my friend Diane won the Nursery's drawing for a $50 gift certificate!

bob

Edited by lanman

Thanks for putting yet another BRK social! I got a box of salt - and an azalea plant. And then went back this morning to get another dozen azaleas! :)

AND - my friend Diane won the Nursery's drawing for a $50 gift certificate!

bob

SWEET!

As usual John, you and your staff did a great job. Much appreciated! Hopefully the social was worth your efforts.

Thank you very much Johnny, for the fantastic social. I'm a bit disappointed in this lazy crab, but other than that I am very happy that I managed to make it out there :)

so who won the dorr prize? looked like a nice 3 gallon pico.

Scroll up, all winners are posted.

door prize was fry school101

The races must have really gotten to me because I had a dream the other night that I had a whole barrel full of hermit crabs!