4 tubes & about 10 hours

treesprite

I finally got my tank back together, which required the horrific task of aquascaping. I used 4 tubes of Aquamend and spend about 10 accumulated hours over a couple day to come up with something I could live with. My water is clouded up right now but you can still see....

1stredo.jpg

I finally got my tank back together, which required the horrific task of aquascaping. I used 4 tubes of Aquamend and spend about 10 accumulated hours over a couple day to come up with something I could live with. My water is clouded up right now but you can still see....

1stredo.jpg

looks nice!! How much do you charge per hour? :)

bob

Thank you , thank you! I hate dealing with the stuff! I scrubbed off every piece of liverock furiously with a toothbrush to remove hair algae. Through all the moving around I broke a bunch of little pieces off of the 3 already very small corals that are encrusted on the liverock :( I tried to superglue a couple of the pieces back together but it wouldn't work, and I couldn't find all the little pieces. When the water clears up I'll take some better pictures and put them on the tank thread.... this was such a major task that I felt the task itself warranted its own thread.

all the moving around I broke a bunch of little pieces off of the 3 already very small corals that are encrusted on the liverock :( I tried to superglue a couple of the pieces back together but it wouldn't work, and I couldn't find all the little pieces.

Geee... I've never done anything like that!

(well, except maybe like last night, when I broke off 10 inches of orange monti digi trying to remove a couple of polyps of zoa's from the rock it's on...) :)

Wow, I didn't expect it to make that much of an impression. I keep picturing a small yellow tang swimming through the big opening.

(edited)

WOW! DO you make house calls? Also where did you buy the aquamend?

Edited by st9z

WOW! DO you make house calls? Also where did you buy the aquamend?

Home Depot sells Aquamend. If the rockwork isn't already at least relatively stable, I wouldn't rely on this type of bonding material. I've used Aquamend a lot and have learned that if not applied a certain way it's not going to hold. It doesn't work well on rock that is smooth, most of mine is very pourous, rough and bumpy, and I press the Aquamend down into the surface of the rock, into the little pockmarks and such on both pieces of rock to be held together. I did all of this rockwork underneath of the water, but have also Aquamended liverock outside of the water, just kept squirting water over the rock to keep it wet while the Aquamend hardened.