What do you think?

phisigs79

So i got bored and decided to just reaquascape my tank. Went from this:

gallery_621_232_654246.jpg

to this:

gallery_621_7_671765.jpg

gallery_621_7_910968.jpg

gallery_621_7_235594.jpg

I have a ton of open area for the fish to swim and plenty of places to attach corals to. You can see the hit my tank took. Some peices are mainly dead but have tips so i left them as they were to re-encrust. Feedback please

Edited by phisigs79

What was the lighting change? I like the lighting in the first picture. Looks like you need a green efflo, blue tort and tricolor frag in there... we should meet up this week so I can get you those frags before I go on vacation Friday.

First one is XM 10k second picture is Radium 20k. Doesnt look that blue in person though

pm me when you get a second your pm box is full

Beautiful redone of aquascaping Chris. Lots of open space and more place to place all the acros on new rocks.

Umm, my bad. Thought first pic was a redone. The real solution probably is upgrade to a larger tank with all the SPS colonies. :) Anyway, we all get bore with seeing the same thing in our tank days after days. Change is good! :)

Edited by vaironman

What ballast are you running that Radium on?? If its not one of the new model icecaps, or a coralvue ballast, you're probably underdriving the ballast which is why it looks so blue. There was a HUGE difference in color in my 250 Radium when I switched from the old icecap ballast to a coralvue. Alot more crisp white, and less blue, but still with a "pop" of blue florescence.

I have the new icecap ballast. Its not that blue in person. I also run two super actinic VHO's

I liked it too but it took up alot of space and didnt have alot of places to attach corals hence why most corals said on the bottom of the glass (no sand here) but i lost all of them in my crash. I just wanted a new look to forget the past and move on. i love the open area but do miss the old formation. I havent really fully finished it yet.

36X24X20 :biggrin:

What was the lighting change? I like the lighting in the first picture. Looks like you need a green efflo, blue tort and tricolor frag in there... we should meet up this week so I can get you those frags before I go on vacation Friday.

Hmmm... looks like you're short a Valida and a purple-tipped Nana, also... stop by some time. Maybe you can get the Valida to display ALL of its colors, instead of just light purple...

bob

only problem is one more foot less of basement but that would be awesome

double post

Edited by phisigs79

frags are doing good thanks again

The "after" pictures are too big for me to see entirely at once because of the horizontal scroll. My big question is, how long did it take?

some times back out and back into the thread will shrink the pics. It took me about a hour and a half