My fish bite me.

capsfan

When I stick my hand in the tank, my female clownfish comes and attacks me. She can bite me pretty well. Does anybody else get attacked by their pesky fish?

Ol' foghorn the pesky clownfish. (I call her foghorn because of the torn up dorsal fin)

gallery_2631686_465_666869.jpg

Anybody else see it?

Foghorn_Leghorn.gif

Clowns are defitely high on the "my fish bite me list". Best biter I have had to date was a maroon, but the most insanely aggressive specimen has been my female A. nigripes. She earned the name Cujo very quickly.

My maroon female will nip me too if I come anywhere within about 4 inches of the anemone. Didn't bother me that much at first, but now she is pretty big and it always startles me even though I know it's coming.

My false perc trio bites me if I get too close to the Riteri, my Clarkii pair bites me if I get too close the LTA, and my GSM pair bites me if I'm too close to the green BTA in my Mom's tank. So yeah, I've been bit a bunch too.

The weirdest bite though is when my cleaner wrasse attempts to clean my moles off my forearm when my hand is in the tank. Little bugger!

None of my fish bit me until after I re-arranged my liverock last week. Now after all these years, my female clown is attacking me - I guess she is extra territorial because I re-arranged the liverock. She only lightly got her teeth on me though.

Me too! False percs. Female attacks when I get too close. This is very common for the anemonefish family, and others mentioned above.

My rabbitfish went after me tonight. We apparently had a disagreement on how to arrange the rocks. I avoided the spines and he proceded to splash water out of the tank sporadically for about 10 minutes.

my sailfin gets ahold of me every time i feed the tank. i think she thinks if she bites me it will release the food faster. it feels like sandpaper is biting me

oh and the powder brown is thinking this os normal behavior so it is trying to be a copy cat but its too shy to actually do it.

Edited by GaryL

My 3" blue cleaner wrasse gets me every time. He's one of the smallest fish in the tank, and by far the peskiest. Like Boxxr I'm startled every time even though I know it's coming. Can't count the frags I've dropped ......

I think clown fish in general are the most notorious when it comes to biting. My female black/white false perc love to take nips at my hand whenever I have to put my hand in the tank for any reason. Because I wear gloves, it kept their bites from bothering me. Ofcourse if my arm is in the water long enough, she starts going after my forearm and that's when it hurts.

I have a cleaner shrimp that loves to clean my hand- occassionally it will open up a freshly healed cut and proceed to look for redder meat.

eeeewwwww

I have a cleaner shrimp that loves to clean my hand- occassionally it will open up a freshly healed cut and proceed to look for redder meat.

mine would hang on to my hang nails, and pull for dear life! the ones i have now are scaredy-cats and hide alot.

My Blue Devil Damsel, Tomato Clown and Three Spot Damsel team up on me everytime my hand goes in the tank.

My Snowflake Moray Eel swallowed most of my little pinky finger once while I was placing a new coral in the tank.

the clown i used to have used to come up to my hand and eat from it. and i guess she would kindaaa bite me but it never hurt. it was more like playing...haha. the two new ones i just got are too afraid of me to come near my hand when i put it in the tank...they're starting to get used to me now, though, so maybe they'll eat from my hand soon too... :lol:

i guess its cuz ive never had any aggressive fish but ive never had a problem with anything biting me, not even in jason's tank.

i had a red sea sailfin tang that liked to try and cut me with his scalpel but no biters

That's what the son of a gun was doing? SOB. I had a tang who used to swim in my hand when I had it in the tank, I thought he was just being friendly. Thankfully he never did any harm.

My 1 larger Turbo damsel has snuck up and bit me! Aggresive little thing! BUT you can put him in its place by wiggling your hand quickly.

My false perc trio bites me if I get too close to the Riteri, my Clarkii pair bites me if I get too close the LTA, and my GSM pair bites me if I'm too close to the green BTA in my Mom's tank. So yeah, I've been bit a bunch too.

The weirdest bite though is when my cleaner wrasse attempts to clean my moles off my forearm when my hand is in the tank. Little bugger!

Sounds like a war zone in your tank