My video debut.....

dandy7200

you are the man dan... looking forward to checking out your restaurant!

Love to have you, I am almost always there, now you guys know who to look for so don't be shy about saying hi :)

Actually I was hoping Chip would take note of this video since he is always asking me for ideas on how to cook fish in his pizza oven but, it looks like he is too busy tying one on at the moment :)

Try the humus and bread appetizer dish. My daughter and I enjoy it.

On another note, I am still trying to get used to seeing Dan in the new short hair cut and clean shave. :)

The shrimp you use were they coral banded shrimp or skunk shrimp. Looks good but I have to go with John on this and figure you used a stunt double. You almost look like a Marine with the close shave and sharp knife.

Actually we love the restaurant and highly recomend it to anyone in the area.

I am still trying to get used to seeing Dan in the new short hair cut and clean shave. :)

You be totally beat me to the punch. I think that's the first time I've seen him without his hat one. So that's what his hair looks like :biggrin:

I guess I'm a simple man to please. Every time I've gone there I order the pizza. Nothing like fresh, homemade, non-commercial pizza to fill the tummy. Too bad you're not open till midnight. I would so make the trip right now.

Wow, how did you get those peppermint shrimp to get so big? Is that the secret of the skimmer? :biggrin: Looking forward to the day I can actually get down there, perhaps this summer since I'm off from school!

nice video...now i think i can attempt it to impress my gf....cause she saw it too and said "wow that actually looks really good" :doh:

:biggrin:

You folks haven't been there? You're really missing out!

Thanks for posting the video Dan. We've been searching the internet and trying out new dishes lately. I'll add this one to the list of foods to try! Now if you every feel like posting a video for those veggie meatballs... :biggrin:

Totally awesome!! I was a chef in a previous life (40 years ago), and still love to cook. Unfortunately, the restaurant was in Oregon - but called the 'Southern Kitchen' ... I learned to HATE making grits JUST like the ones you're making there! Okay - I wouldn't have hated making them so much - but you ever try to feed grits to an Oregon native?? Instead of potatoes for breakfast??? The owner insisted. I spent a lot of time cutting up last night's left-over baked potatoes to make a bit of hash browns for the regulars.

Nicely done video! You present very well, and your voice is very understandable - even to the half-deaf dude. If you film any more recipes like that, be sure to let us know!

bob

Thanks guys. The folks that run the site are really cool to work with. They have nice av gear and I think they did a good job with the editing. The concept is instructional learning through community collaboration for the DIYers of life, something I would obviously support.

Their fish area could use a little help... http://www.monkeysee.com/video/subcategory...subcategory=147

If anyone wants to get involved with this just let me know.

Totally awesome!! I was a chef in a previous life (40 years ago), and still love to cook. Unfortunately, the restaurant was in Oregon - but called the 'Southern Kitchen'

bob

Ashland?

Thanks guys. The folks that run the site are really cool to work with. They have nice av gear and I think they did a good job with the editing. The concept is instructional learning through community collaboration for the DIYers of life, something I would obviously support.

Their fish area could use a little help... http://www.monkeysee.com/video/subcategory...subcategory=147

If anyone wants to get involved with this just let me know.

Ashland?

Warrenton, Oregon... charter-fishing town on the northern coast.

bob

As a fellow film star (Couch) I'd like to say congratulations...

BTW, I'm the clown on the far right of the movie poster...it's distributed in Russia.....yeah.....Russia.... :smokin:

Dan!

Love the restaruant.. When are you going to franchise it and open a location down here in NC! The wife and I truely miss the awesome food ya'll serve. I definitely will stop by next week on my trek to DC...

I'm actually cooking shrimp tonight, have some nice big carolina prawns... just might have to make this dish....

BB

Cool vid, Dan. Very professionally done. I'll definitely stop by with the wife and family in the coming months and will introduce myself then, if not sooner at some WAMAS event.

... gee, now I'm hungry. ;)