Hi To All

pco1988

(edited)

Hey everyone!!! :cheers:

Well the name is Philip and I have been a student member for the past couple years and more recently after graduating high school became a paying member. I use to come around the boards all day everyday, but when I was working on finishing high school with a decent gpa and began college I really stopped coming to the boards. I have been active here probably about once a week just to poke in and see whats going on.

I also use to attend almost all the events that this club held no matter where it was or how far I had to drive. I attended my first event in over a year at the Winter Meeting, where I met quite a few of you. New and old faces and enjoyed meeting you and socializing with you.

In the recent past I had not such a good experience with another local club and their forums. There was a problem between me and one of their well respected members. Which in the end of the whole thing I feel that my image and integrity has been completely destroyed by said problem with the people who don't know me at all in that club and their forums.

I would like to extend a HELLO to everyone in WAMAS and in the forums. I will be lurking around the forums a lot more here and a lot less at the other place. I have been a member at both places, and would like to say I like how this club is run. From how the members treat everyone here, to how the moderators treat the boards here.

I would also like to thank the Board of Directors here on how I have seen you operate. I am VERY impressed on how you run such a large club without a hitch. I for one would like to give you guys my personal THANKS on giving this club your much needed time and energy to run such a large club and its members. :clap: :clap:

I have made quite a few friends here and hope to continue to make more. Lets continue to make this one of the best run clubs in the area, if not the country!

Thanks,

Philip Charles Oxman

pco1988

Edited by pco1988

Phillip,

sorry you had that experience with the other local fish club forum. The case of how a forum is conducted stems directly from it's leadership of it. Quite frankly I don't understand how that behavoir is accepted. As a Vender Member here I can only tell you from my point of view as such that the interest of sponsoring or even donating to clubs that have that behavoir accepted is a non-existent thought. Other potential Sponsors/ Vendors I can tell you are far less inclined to donate much more than trivial donations that may help support he club. Here you will find that donations for the club from it's supporting vendors and sponsors is in the many thousands annually. I can tell you that I (Pmped Out Aquariums) donate at least a $1000.00 annually and gladly do so. Buy some raffle tickets and see if you can benefit from this. There is a Spring Symposium coming up next month and you should come to that.

Here you will find that experiences like the one you experienced with the other local fish club don't happen. This is a great group of friendly folks who really offer to help and do not dig deep to humiliate someone. The Moderators offer a even hand here and you will not feel alienated. You will only find that members here will warm up to you and offer a grand welcome. :cheers:

Welcome aboard. I had previewed the forum of another local group and decided to join here, even though it is farther away. I am an old salty dog as another member so graciously pointed out. :rollface:

i have no clue what was said/done on the other board you are talking about, don't really care either. That been said, I have known Phillip for 3 or 4 years and he's a stand up guy. I bought several fish and a coral or 2 w/no issues.

PM me when get time to swing by the house.

-Rik

Unfortunately I do know what happened and its wasnt his fault. I too am a member their and here and I can say that this forum is much better. Im going to try to make the next meeting even though its a hike for me.

Unfortunately I do know what happened and its wasnt his fault. I too am a member their and here and I can say that this forum is much better. Im going to try to make the next meeting even though its a hike for me.

Your a northren neigbor then. Possible could work a carpool to the meeting.

Welcome as a paying member Philip. You're so right about how great we are, except ybenormal. He's way too arrogant. :lol:

Only thing I can say is that all board members in clubs accross the nation that I have met with, volunteer a ton of time, personal $$, and work their behinds off to try and plan meetings, socials, moderate, etc... That I do know. And remember, no matter how hard you try to be fair, you still will not please everyone with your methods. This is continually a learning process for all, and we actually do listen to suggestions if you have them. I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere. Let's make sure it is all positive from here on out on WAMAS.

Not sure what could be possibly said about one of the coolest guys around, but don't sweat it. Your a good guy! I have known you for quite some time and I care not to even ponder what's going on else where. Welcome my good friend!

BTW...

All that was said above will change if you dont get out to my house and let me repay you the corals that I have been promising you for a year. If I had cut the frags then... they would be colonies now. :D

See u soon!

Welcome Phillip, we're glad to have you.

I also saw this and I must say, for a young man of 19, you sure handled the situation more adult like than a man 2x your age.

Remember this Phillip, when your not the target of the thread, it's the best place online for Drama.

I go there with the expectation that this particular fellow will blow his stack and routinely make a fool of himself for the most ridiculous reasons.

Always good for a chuckle and worth poking your head in for.

(edited)

Welcome!!! I am new too!!!!!

Thanks!

Phillip,

sorry you had that experience with the other local fish club forum. The case of how a forum is conducted stems directly from it's leadership of it. Quite frankly I don't understand how that behavoir is accepted. As a Vender Member here I can only tell you from my point of view as such that the interest of sponsoring or even donating to clubs that have that behavoir accepted is a non-existent thought. Other potential Sponsors/ Vendors I can tell you are far less inclined to donate much more than trivial donations that may help support he club. Here you will find that donations for the club from it's supporting vendors and sponsors is in the many thousands annually. I can tell you that I (Pmped Out Aquariums) donate at least a $1000.00 annually and gladly do so. Buy some raffle tickets and see if you can benefit from this. There is a Spring Symposium coming up next month and you should come to that.

Here you will find that experiences like the one you experienced with the other local fish club don't happen. This is a great group of friendly folks who really offer to help and do not dig deep to humiliate someone. The Moderators offer a even hand here and you will not feel alienated. You will only find that members here will warm up to you and offer a grand welcome. :cheers:

Thanks for the in site! I will keep this in mind.

Welcome aboard. I had previewed the forum of another local group and decided to join here, even though it is farther away. I am an old salty dog as another member so graciously pointed out. :rollface:

Thanks!

i have no clue what was said/done on the other board you are talking about, don't really care either. That been said, I have known Phillip for 3 or 4 years and he's a stand up guy. I bought several fish and a coral or 2 w/no issues.

PM me when get time to swing by the house.

-Rik

Thank you Rik, and I will make plans to come over soon!

It was not a fun thing. Good to see you think the same thing.

Welcome to the club. I hope your experiences here are better than the other club.

I am sure it will be, I never have had a problem here.

Welcome as a paying member Philip. You're so right about how great we are, except ybenormal. He's way too arrogant. :lol:

Only thing I can say is that all board members in clubs accross the nation that I have met with, volunteer a ton of time, personal $$, and work their behinds off to try and plan meetings, socials, moderate, etc... That I do know. And remember, no matter how hard you try to be fair, you still will not please everyone with your methods. This is continually a learning process for all, and we actually do listen to suggestions if you have them. I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere. Let's make sure it is all positive from here on out on WAMAS.

That's a great plan!

Not sure what could be possibly said about one of the coolest guys around, but don't sweat it. Your a good guy! I have known you for quite some time and I care not to even ponder what's going on else where. Welcome my good friend!

BTW...

All that was said above will change if you dont get out to my house and let me repay you the corals that I have been promising you for a year. If I had cut the frags then... they would be colonies now. :D

See u soon!

Thank you too Chris, I appreciate it. You will be hearing from me soon!

Welcome Phillip, we're glad to have you.

I also saw this and I must say, for a young man of 19, you sure handled the situation more adult like than a man 2x your age.

Remember this Phillip, when your not the target of the thread, it's the best place online for Drama.

I go there with the expectation that this particular fellow will blow his stack and routinely make a fool of himself for the most ridiculous reasons.

Chip, I don't believe I know you in person, but this has got to change. I appreciate everything you have said and I highly respect you with what you have to say. I would also like to thank you for your support through the whole ordeal.

Philip Oxman

Edited by pco1988

Welcome Phillip! I have been a member and moderator on many forums over the years and I have to say that this really is one of the most comfortable sites I've ever joined. Once I got to know the club members and saw how they helped and looked out for each other, I was really hooked.

I can't speak for or against other local clubs or their members but I am very proud of WAMAS members, sponsors and the hard working folks on the board of directors (that would be everyone but dbartco :lol: ). I hope you enjoy your time with WAMAS and that you continue to be a member for many years.

(edited)

Welcome Phillip! I have been a member and moderator on many forums over the years and I have to say that this really is one of the most comfortable sites I've ever joined. Once I got to know the club members and saw how they helped and looked out for each other, I was really hooked.

I can't speak for or against other local clubs or their members but I am very proud of WAMAS members, sponsors and the hard working folks on the board of directors (that would be everyone but dbartco :lol: ). I hope you enjoy your time with WAMAS and that you continue to be a member for many years.

Thanks, I to have been a member on quite a few forums, and find this one with members of open arms. I have never seen things get out of hand, it is always stopped at the beginning. Which is a great thing, and I hope it stays that way so no one has to go through what I went through in the other forums.

I also hope the same and hope to be here as a paying member for many many years to come.

Philip

Edited by pco1988

Hi Phillip, good to meet you :)

I have known Philip for a while and he is very passionate about the hobby and will be a real asset to the club. I have been active with this club since the first meeting although I am not as active now as I once was I have met most of the members and know that WAMAS is the premier reef club in the US. A couple of years ago when they hosted MACNA it was one of the best events ever and it was all due to the incredible dedication of the club's members and directors. Welcome Philip, I hope you learn, enjoy, and share your experiences with us all and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

(edited)

Welcome aboard/back, Phillip. I, too, witnessed the debacle for which you were [clearly] a victim. I've seen it too many times: someone raises a stink, gets their nose of joint, or just doesn't like someone, and everyone piles on -- how else do explain over 1800 views of a thread with 20-something posts? It was really sad to see -- I think some would just as well eat their young. Anyway, GOOD FOR YOU for taking the high road -- you handled it much better than most would ever hope to (or understand how to). And I would also agree that this forum is one of the most professional and welcoming I have the privilege to visit. Enjoy!

Matt

Edited by EBR

I too thought Phillip took the high road in this and on this forum that high road is a lonely place. :( Phillip is as honest as they come and would vouch for him anytime.

Flowerseller is correct though...............that if you like online forum drama that is definitely the place to go. :clap: It's all in the leadership! :biggrin:

I have known Philip for a while and he is very passionate about the hobby and will be a real asset to the club. I have been active with this club since the first meeting although I am not as active now as I once was I have met most of the members and know that WAMAS is the premier reef club in the US. A couple of years ago when they hosted MACNA it was one of the best events ever and it was all due to the incredible dedication of the club's members and directors. Welcome Philip, I hope you learn, enjoy, and share your experiences with us all and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you Mac, I really do appreciate it. I do have to agree about what you said about MACNA a few years ago as I have gone to other MACNAs after and it was the best one I have been to yet! I too look forward to seeing you again soon!

Welcome aboard/back, Phillip. I, too, witnessed the debacle for which you were [clearly] a victim. I've seen it too many times: someone raises a stink, gets their nose of joint, or just doesn't like someone, and everyone piles on -- how else do explain over 1800 views of a thread with 20-something posts? It was really sad to see -- I think some would just as well eat their young. Anyway, GOOD FOR YOU for taking the high road -- you handled it much better than most would ever hope to (or understand how to). And I would also agree that this forum is one of the most professional and welcoming I have the privilege to visit. Enjoy!

Matt

I would like to thank you for your kind words. I very much appreciate it, and I just hope no one ever has to go through what I had to go through on those forums, or any other forums for that matter. I am sure that the great Moderators and great Board of Directors here will keep this from happening here on these forums.

Philip Oxman

Welcome!!!

I don't think you'll run into much trouble here. I mean - these people even put up with ME!!

I see that there has been a heartfelt apology rendered, and that the original thread has been closed to the public.

We all have lives outside of our aquariums. Well, most of us do... Okay - everyone but ME does!! Anyhow - I've learned to be patient with people; I highly recommend it for everyone.

bob

Welcome!!!

I don't think you'll run into much trouble here. I mean - these people even put up with ME!!

I see that there has been a heartfelt apology rendered, and that the original thread has been closed to the public.

We all have lives outside of our aquariums. Well, most of us do... Okay - everyone but ME does!! Anyhow - I've learned to be patient with people; I highly recommend it for everyone.

bob

Thank you for your input. Yes the whole situation has finally come to a close and I just hope I never have to go through that again.

My life outside of these forums and the club in general might only be college, but in this point of my life it's a big thing and I have trouble doing good in school. So it takes up a majority of my time.

Also I would like to touch one more subject about this club and forum. Is that when I send private messages to the Board of Directors all of them get read and I always get a fast and speedy response. This cannot be said about all the Board of Directors in the other club and forum.

Philip

I agree. Instigating, encouraging or re-igniting, a nasty forum fight is always among the top reasons to patronize an aquarium club! Good stuff Chip.

Keep up the good work. Oh, and never forget to keep loyal to your clique. Wouldn

I agree. Instigating, encouraging or re-igniting, a nasty forum fight is always among the top reasons to patronize an aquarium club! Good stuff Chip.

Keep up the good work. Oh, and never forget to keep loyal to your clique. Wouldn