Think you have all the cool reef tools?

Leishman

So I was @ BRK today and saw my new "must have" reef tool.

photo.jpg

This cool remote turns off your pumps with the push of a button. It can handle 1000w of power, that's easily all your pumps. No more messing with switches and controllers to tank maint' or show off your top down view. I will have one on my next trip out there

John said they run ~$50

PS the coral stock is TOP NOTCH, quite possibly the widest SPS collection I've ever seen @ BRK.

Nice work John.

Rik must be a VIP to be in the shop on Monday.

Yea, I fought rush our traffic one day to get out there only to find out they were closed on Wednesday- doh :blast:

Any chance you'll have some Wednesday hours John? I have to be out there on Wednesday nights for a class I teach at GMU.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI a 1000w version with two locking inputs is now at Home Dumpo for $9.97. This is the best time of the year for timers and power strips and switches and other junk that is normally used for Christmas lights.

Rik,

You're killing me! :) You keep finding new stuffs in our hobby and you know we have the same rule around the house: "You can't talk about money in my house, OK" Our madness has to be under controlled........ :)

Need to stop reading your thread, although, the quickest/shortcut learning curve is learn from the experienced people. Arg! Catch 22.

FYI a 1000w version with two locking inputs is now at Home Dumpo for $9.97. This is the best time of the year for timers and power strips and switches and other junk that is normally used for Christmas lights.

where?

where?

Sonya got ours at CVS last year - $12.99.

Had all the Xmas lights and yard display plugged into a power strip and into it.

Using it right now for all out patio lights around the pizza oven.

I went to Home Dumpo......(LOL) today looking for controllers. They said they are not in yet??????? :cry: Go figure, :why: all the Christmas lights are in stock but not these? Oh well, someone shout if you find them in stock anywhere. Thanx. Bob

Purchased two. Turning the tank pumps/powerheads on/off is nice - but I thought of another NECESSARY use for it; I put replacement saltwater during water changes into my tanks from a 'bucket' in the middle of the room. I use a maxi-jet and about 8 feet of tubing. I always have to find a way to 'secure' the tubing into the tank so I can run over and turn on the pump, and turn off the pump at just the right time, and then run back over and pull the tubing out so it doesn't siphon. Not anymore!! I can just turn the pump on and off from tank-side! Once I get the big tank set up - I want to be able to automatically change water at the press of a remote control or two. :)

bob

Bob,

Good use on the water change. I just pull the plug, but water and electricity don't mix well. This will add that extra safety.

That's the thing... I can't REACH the plug.

Socket.......w.i.r.e...........Pump in water container............t.u.b.i.n.g...............................Tank getting filled.

bob

That's the thing... I can't REACH the plug.

Socket.......w.i.r.e...........Pump in water container............t.u.b.i.n.g...............................Tank getting filled.

bob

Come on Bob, you're not that short to reach a plug. Put them on a light switch then.

Come on Bob, you're not that short to reach a plug. Put them on a light switch then.

Funny man... :lol2:

I can reach the plug when filling my 58; the frag system is about 8 feet further from the water bucket. Even YOU don't have arms that long!

bob