My First Tank

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) any updated top-down shots of the freaked out closed loop stuper J is building? Would be nice to see update to comment on pump needed for it.

2) is it going to rest on top of tank and braces or going on bottom of tank (inside).

3) where is inlet from tank to closed loop pump going to be placed?

The pump is going to be a little giant 1300 gph-ish or pan world 1700 gph-ish will start testing soon

the part you see completed is going to be buried underground in the tank, the top manifolds will be suspended from the inside rim of the tank

the inlet has been drilled though the over flow box and will be fed via a 2" bulk head

BONUS: Here's a fun preview of the scwd that will be running the system

n209700230_30663937_9093.jpg

I was surfing the threads while my youngest, 2 1/2 years old, was watching TV. She enjoyed all of the pictures and avatars but then when she saw the Amphiprion jasonicus (Jason's clownfish) in your signature line she kept on saying "That one's broken! That fishy's broken!" :bb:

Guest NSC

Gotta love the...RoboSCWD

The pump is going to be a little giant 1300 gph-ish or pan world 1700 gph-ish will start testing soon

the part you see completed is going to be buried underground in the tank, the top manifolds will be suspended from the inside rim of the tank

the inlet has been drilled though the over flow box and will be fed via a 2" bulk head

BONUS: Here's a fun preview of the scwd that will be running the system

n209700230_30663937_9093.jpg

I was surfing the threads while my youngest, 2 1/2 years old, was watching TV. She enjoyed all of the pictures and avatars but then when she saw the Amphiprion jasonicus (Jason's clownfish) in your signature line she kept on saying "That one's broken! That fishy's broken!" :bb:

rotfll.gif

LOL :lol:

I quit life :blush:

how are you going to attach it to the cpvc? what are you using for 'netting'?

I'm kinda interested in this project because I use eggcrate now with sections that I remove for feeding, and if you are using some type of plastic screening I could just pour my food right through it.

I've always stopped a solution like this because I couldn't see how to do splining with a compound structure like you have there to get around the overflow and other plumbing.

good luck,

jp

Edited by bigJPDC

oki soooo to answer a few things all at once:

-dbartco is right about the netting--we're most likely using the netting for koi ponds, and yes, the zipties are what we're going to use to attach it to the frame

-we plan to finish building the top two manifolds, setting up my tank and running the roboSCWD probably within the next two weeks if both of our schedules allow it

(BTW all i need now for my tank are the lights and just a bit more sand, then i'm set up :biggrin: !)

-anything else i missed?

:wig:

Any plans to test out the RoboSCWD soon? I have two that I want to convert to 1" and wanted to see how yours worked out 1st. Thanks for the info guys.

Yes robo scwd has passed testing and is ready for an install it has worked great with 500 gph flow through about (19 seconds for switch time), I'm going to try to test it in the comming days for 1300 gph flow though just to see what it can handle

• 4 weeks later...

:bump:

It's been forever since I've updated, but I've been very busy since school started and since I've been working more hours....life's a bit stressful sometimes!!!

Luckily, we found a Saturday to drop everything and get away for the day--and escape to the aquarium :biggrin:

I unfortunately don't have any tank updates, we're still pretty behind, just on setting it up though....anyway to pass the time and bump my thread I thought I'd share the pics from the aquarium :)

:bluefish:

n1224510271_30062845_2894.jpg

n1224510271_30062846_3123.jpg

n1224510271_30062849_3798.jpg

n1224510271_30062850_4023.jpg

n1224510271_30062851_4251.jpg

n1224510271_30062853_4708.jpg

n1224510271_30062854_4928.jpg

n1224510271_30062857_5617.jpg

n1224510271_30062869_8364.jpg

(points if you can spot the fish in that one!)

n1224510271_30062870_8603.jpg

(I'm terrified of eels, btw. Except for the little ones...)

n1224510271_30062871_8829.jpg

n1224510271_30062872_9061.jpg

n1224510271_30062856_5383.jpg

n1224510271_30062855_5156.jpg

n1224510271_30062861_6531.jpg

That's all for now--if I don't have an actual TANK update soon, I'm going to go INSANE.

I would really rather not go anymore insane than I probably already am, so an update should be soon! (I hope!)

:fish:

Ps) EXTRA points if anyone can tell me anything they notice that seems to be different about a certain filter freak.... :lol:

hey Christina, I was wondering what happened to you - good to see you.

:bump:

It's been forever since I've updated, but I've been very busy since school started and since I've been working more hours....life's a bit stressful sometimes!!!

Luckily, we found a Saturday to drop everything and get away for the day--and escape to the aquarium :biggrin:

:fish:

Ps) EXTRA points if anyone can tell me anything they notice that seems to be different about a certain filter freak.... :lol:

Ummm... he's changed! He's no longer just crazy infatuated - he's head over heels?

bob

Listen up Jason........you start giving in now and it will never stop. You let that chick know that your the boss and that what you say goes and......

.....Ok, my wife says I have to say that I'm sorry and that it's nice that you cut your hair for that nice young lady and that it is sweet that you would do something so nice for her. Someone help me........please!!! :drink:

Edited by steveoutlaw

LOL.......Points to xCGx for being the first one!

But hey, you guys want to know a secret?

I'm not the one who told him to cut his hair....I mean I kept saying every now and then that maybe he needed to...but he chose to get it cut on his own!

He showed up to my house one day with his new hair cut and I was literally in S H O C K for about 5 minutes :eek:

(I liked the head over heels comment, it was cute...... :wink: )

Big promotion=big haircut!

Either that or you get tired of that little bit of salt creep that collects on the tips of your hair after a big tank clean...

I cut my hair for a woman once.

Once.

sorry, I forgot to finish that - once a month or how ever often she says to go get a haircut.