I went to the LFS and I spent __________

madmax7774

I saw this thread on another Forum, and I decided to rip it off and claim it as my own... :biggrin:

it was fun to read there, so why not try it here...

So last weekend I went to the LFS and I spent $150 on 2 fish and 1 large coral. On average I can't seem to get out the door for less than $60

This does not include the times I am buying hardware, just live goods.

what about you guys?

It varies wildly. I can go in and leave and spend $0, or I can spend more. I rarely spend more than $20 without knowing full well that I was going to do that beforehand.

Last trip I was picking up 3 bulbs ($80/ea) and a frag ($30). I added 20 snails while I was there and a spare mildly-used bulb for $25.

Can I abuse my authority and move this to the private side before answering? :biggrin: Wouldn't want the wrong people seeing it... dontcha know....

In all seriousness... I probably drop about $80-$100 on an average visit.

While we're at it, how much do you weigh, how old are you, is that your natural hair, what is your salary? :biggrin:

I can't answer that question, the boss (wife) might see! Then the answer would be a big fat $0 :)

Depends on what the store has :)

I dont go to good shops very often so when I do I usually end up dropping 100-200.

my girlfriend is actually pretty good in supporting my addiction. i wonder if this will continue when we marry but i usually dont spend alot on impulse as i like to research livestock before purchase. last time i was at the store i spent 100 but i usually spend that or less on livestock

my girlfriend is actually pretty good in supporting my addiction. i wonder if this will continue when we marry but i usually dont spend alot on impulse as i like to research livestock before purchase. last time i was at the store i spent 100 but i usually spend that or less on livestock

$18.99 each, or two for $30... small frags at MS. I've had to stop dropping by on my way home. No matter what I went in there after, I ended up with an additional two frags. I found out something... they GROW. I either have to stop buying, or get a larger tank!

Oh... picking up larger tank Saturday...

bob

"CLASSIFIED INFORMATION"

We don't want the information falling in the wrong hands and causing us to sleep outside or worst. :wink:

darn right! We would be hanged by League of Angry Wives!

Wife: How much did you spend?

Me: $28.75

<Then I whisper quietly so she cannot hear me, "...in state and local taxes on my purchase!" > :lol:

that was funny. or you could get one of your other wives to get corals for you at their lfs so none of the wives thank you get stuff that often.

Come on... what's the big deal? I have no problem if my wife knows that I usually spend between about $1 and $10 a visit... :)

This is a great thread to show to LFS owners. Some think this club hurt their sales because of trading. However, this thread clearly shows that WAMAS member drop big money when they visit. LFS owners love that!

I spend $80 a visit. Sean (F&F) gets me when I need mysis @ $5.00 once a month or so and wind up spending an additional $75!

I always told my wife they were freebie or trade :) Anything over $20, she raises hade on me. I have 2nd job just to earn money for my reef hobby and she still nag me about it... Just don't tell her about my supergirl and superman montipora frags, she might have me sleep on couch for a whole month.

few weeks ago I went to a LFS and spent $316,

then two days ago I went to another LFS and spent $158

but there have been weeks were I go to several stores and spent $00.00

and last night, at CHIP's frag visit, spent $35

Last two visits...4 fish and a 200g box of salt...I paid $6.11. :wig:

can you say Christmas gift certificates! On that, when is the last Christmas or birthday that you did not receive something reef related?

This thread needs to be cloesd and DELETED

:cheers:

Rik if I only had a nickel for every time we did a group order from an online vendor and you said to me "if my wife asks just tell her it's some frags you're giving to me". Well... let me tell you... I must be the best aquaculturist on the planet if I'm offering 8 inch sps colonies as frags! Why can't you be like me and fully disclose all your aquarium finances with your wife? ;)

Rik if I only had a nickel for every time we did a group order from an online vendor and you said to me "if my wife asks just tell her it's some frags you're giving to me". Well... let me tell you... I must be the best aquaculturist on the planet if I'm offering 8 inch sps colonies as frags! Why can't you be like me and fully disclose all your aquarium finances with your wife? ;)

Your tank is going to suffer now you have a crack habit......