Our New Living Room Mixed Reef

tpallas

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the nicest Trachy this side of the Mississippi. 

17 hours ago, tpallas said:

Hey how come you're selling yours?

Don't even want it if I can't be #1. 

I'm just trying out a few different directions. Things are starting to sting, fight, encrust, with everything so tightly packed in it's damage control at this stage. I'd like to crank my flow up and potentially focus on SPS dominated again. 

Best laid plans of mice and men...

Looking for recommendations on fish. Right now I have the two clowns, the komini tang and and algae blenny. The female clown can be very aggressive, and the komini can be as well. For whatever reason they dont mind hanging around each other at all. They did harass the blenny but they seem to be accepting him.

Anyways, we want more fish, but something that can hang with tougher fish. And, not eat our cleaner shrimp (breeding pair) and firefish. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, monkiboy said:

thank you for sharing - look forward to the next update!

I'm with Marco....let's see an update :)

I know Tom was waiting on a family +1, hope everything is going well, update when you get a free moment in 18 years. 

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, tpallas said:

I'm alive! So is the tank. I'll get some pictures up.

There he is! 

It's great that whatever was messing with the LPS is behind you.  I'm also looking forward to more pics.

3 hours ago, AlanM said:

It's great that whatever was messing with the LPS is behind you.  I'm also looking forward to more pics.

I had two bouts of dinos. Finally put a UV sterilizer on and that took care of it. Of course it affected a couple of the nice torches and lost 2. Never fails

Here’s what’s been keeping me busy. My wife was pregnant and laid up so I installed a home theater in the bedroom. Didn’t leave a lot in the budget for corals. Pro tip, never have home theater/hi-fi and reefs as a hobby!

642F43E2-2F87-4E84-95E1-9316E6AEF8D4.thumb.jpeg.796c3222bd260b0de463079cf6c347f9.jpeg

And then this happened!

1C2F432A-FCAB-4385-9C45-F481BEC6EF13.thumb.jpeg.e1bcb64af1f95e0b816ce0defa94ad97.jpeg

14 hours ago, tpallas said:

Here’s what’s been keeping me busy. My wife was pregnant and laid up so I installed a home theater in the bedroom. Didn’t leave a lot in the budget for corals. Pro tip, never have home theater/hi-fi and reefs as a hobby!

642F43E2-2F87-4E84-95E1-9316E6AEF8D4.thumb.jpeg.796c3222bd260b0de463079cf6c347f9.jpeg

And then this happened!

1C2F432A-FCAB-4385-9C45-F481BEC6EF13.thumb.jpeg.e1bcb64af1f95e0b816ce0defa94ad97.jpeg

Congrat! she's beautiful.

Congrats! Everything looks great. I guess between all of your responsibilities, I won't be seeing you at NVRC?

Congrats! Life just got a little more expensive!

• 1 month later...