New to WAMAS

Hi Guys- 

Been lurking for a few and wanted to say hello. Currently waiting for my 180 to finish cycling, can’t wait to start moving stuff. Looks like a great place to learn. 

Welcome to the group! Are you new to the hobby, new to the area, or just new to posting up? Regardless, welcome!!

What are you planning for your tank? 

Hey Guys-

Been in the hobby about 3 yrs . Started with a 55 gallon column and the bug grew from there. I’m hoping to have a SPS dominate reef with some softies thrown in. My 180 is a dual flow Aqueon, custom barn door stand and canopy, with skimz sump. Finished the plumbing almost a month ago and started my cycle. Used Dr. Tim’s to try fishless this time around. My fav accomplishment so far is the new mixing station lol, made life so much easier. Tried to upload some pics but I’m capped at under a mg  limit on here ?

Welcome aboard!

It's easier to use a 3rd party hosting site, like Flickr. Tapatalk will also host, and load photos from the application for you. 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:32 PM, JRollman said:

Hey Guys-

Been in the hobby about 3 yrs . Started with a 55 gallon column and the bug grew from there. I’m hoping to have a SPS dominate reef with some softies thrown in. My 180 is a dual flow Aqueon, custom barn door stand and canopy, with skimz sump. Finished the plumbing almost a month ago and started my cycle. Used Dr. Tim’s to try fishless this time around. My fav accomplishment so far is the new mixing station lol, made life so much easier. Tried to upload some pics but I’m capped at under a mg  limit on here ?

I can look up the exact limit, but there is a limit on the file size that you upload. You may want to use an application to reduce your file size / image resolution. We pay for file storage space and bandwidth, so these 12+ MB full-resolution images that don't display any better than a 750KB file suck up a lot of storage space and communication bandwidth.

If you need help identifying such an application, post what OS/Device that you're working with and one of us can chime in.

Each individual image must be less than 1MB but you can have an unlimited number of them.  I have a plugin for Windows 10 that lets me just right-click on an image to resize it in place. It's easy to get any image under 1MB on "Medium" size using that, which is still 768 pixels wide and more than big enough for us to get the idea what you're showing.

I used to use a 3rd party service to host images like flickr or imgur or photobucket, but now it's just as easy as dragging the image to the post.  It attaches it at the bottom and puts it inline.  It does need to be resized first, though.

FYI, I just changed this setting to make it a little easier to post up pictures here. 

On our new host we technically have "unlimited" storage and bandwidth unless we really abuse it, so we're only limited by what works well in a forum thread.

Now the forum will "let" you upload an image up to 10MB (total in a single post, not per image), but it will resize it once you upload it to be only a maximum of 1200x1200, so it will get small on it's own.  It will also only show it as 800x800 or smaller so it doesn't break the board by making it way wider than the theam.

1 hour ago, AlanM said:

FYI, I just changed this setting to make it a little easier to post up pictures here. 

On our new host we technically have "unlimited" storage and bandwidth unless we really abuse it, so we're only limited by what works well in a forum thread.

Now the forum will "let" you upload an image up to 10MB (total in a single post, not per image), but it will resize it once you upload it to be only a maximum of 1200x1200, so it will get small on it's own.  It will also only show it as 800x800 or smaller so it doesn't break the board by making it way wider than the theam.

Perfect. Thank you!