PHOTOBUCKET :(

cbashaw

If anyone hosts their tank pics on photobucket back them up ASAP.  They are making changes so your pictures that are hosted on photobucket on this forum and others will be broken, unless you pay $400 per year. This will mean no more going back through old picture and build threads.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/photobucket-just-killed-a-chunk-of-internet-history?utm_term=.ahpgOOrlww#.ttgNjjzJ22

There was a time I would have gladly paid a subscription or some type of fee (not $400, get out of here...) to make it a little bit faster or user friendly. Pretty much all of my reefing pictures are only hosted on photobucket. I wonder if you pay the money it speeds it up any and gets rid of all the ads? I don't think I care enough to even go in and back them up at this stage, too bad, lots of good history there. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's sad that greed has affected so many historical threads. I had hundreds of pictures linked to several sites and the threads are all useless without the photos. I might have paid $40 a year but $400 is insane! I just closed my photobucket account completely.

It's sad that greed has affected so many historical threads. I had hundreds of pictures linked to several sites and the threads are all useless without the photos. I might have paid $40 a year but $400 is insane! I just closed my photobucket account completely.

Same here. Closed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Use imgur. Screw Photobucket and their greed. Even before the $400 annual fee the site was absurdly slow and full of ads.

I thought RC had a deal with them to continue to allow pictures to be displayed?

Reef2Reef has something but I believe they just cached everything on their own servers vice making arrangements with PB. My sideloads on RC are all dead from PB. 

Edited by madweazl