Der ABT 80g office nano

Der ABT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

details on the auto water change?  Glad to hear about your progress.  

+1  Have their ATO and love it, but an Avast auto water change??? This newbie would love to hear more!

• 1 month later...

Woops sorry for no response first...

Finally got some pics to upload...tank has been acro free for longer than I ever want again....going to start shopping again soon

20160728_114959_zpsiput3atn.jpg

20160728_114923_zpsbj2mbdam.jpg

728_115027_zpsgytjzp9p.jpg.html[/img]

20160728_115043_zpsvygovhyz.jpg

20160728_113440_zpscx8mqlvh.jpg

20160728_114959_zpsiput3atn.jpg

20160728_115027_zpsgytjzp9p.jpg

20160728_115030_zps44iypv3y.jpg

20160728_115043_zpsvygovhyz.jpg

20160728_115055_zpsp1qakohp.jpg

Dirty qt tank, well zoa holding tank too

20160728_115317_zpscyozfml1.jpg

20160728_115329_zps6w4fihn6.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get some of my prize corals back and the work on some new jems......if you ever got some of my nicer corals please let me know I'd love to buy some frags back

So for the auto water change I'm using the Avast peristaltic pumps and my aciii.....it takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to do a little over a gallon....

Had to time the pumps to match the flow rate, one is 2hr other is like 219.

So far have had no issues...took then and redid a cycle a few weeks ago and were still in tune with one another

The peristaltic pumps look amazing and are nice and quiet for their rate.

For the cost and little bit of calibration testing......Avast is as usual exceeding my expectations. ..I now just check my salinity every so often for sanity and refill my salt h20 resivoir monthly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So it's been a rough month.....tank is doing great, fish and corals are happy.

I had a lightning sttike very near the house that took out my neighbors entire house electrically...he had to replace wires in the wall, all electronica etc....ugh

I was in the office when it happened lost a few power supplies and 2 surge protectors....

Didn't realize that it had reset my aciii and the power supply for the expansion set that has the temp probe had been fried....tank got hot and lost my anthias and alost a couple corals....but seems to be bouncing back once I noticed it.

All the upgrades and finishing touches are now on hold

in my other hobby had a MAJOR incident on track...walked away healthy thankfully but am now in the process of funding a new car......

Unfortunately this may mean the fish tanks take a break....definately going to have a large garage sale ...156g, mh, skimmers, spares etc. .....really hopING I don't break down the 80g....but it's on my mind....may keep the qt tank or just take a break for a while....

Stinks as the tank is very low maintenance right now....i just need the funds to keep my other hobby alive

Evan, Dave Lin mentioned that you'd been in an accident on the track and that, while the car was totaled, you walked away in good shape. I'm glad to hear that's the case - glad that you're OK. Really sorry about the car, though. 

So what exactly happened?

As for the lightning strike, I have some recent familiarity with that. We lost about $5K of stuff in a hit we suffered in August. In my case, I lost a lot of Apex-related stuff, as well as various electronics throughout the house. The house wiring is fine, though. 

Guy dropped oil, technically around the entire track.....was at the back of the back when he was droping oil,...when we came arouND after him I could not see the line of oIL he had dropped....

Went from top speed to top speed sideways.....3 rolls/flips etc later landed on all 4 tires and was able to walk out. ...cheers to safety equipment and the safety crew...video makes you cringe.

Old yellar was put down rather harshly .....but kept me safe....was a really good car and national champ in 2015 in class..hopefully we can salvage some good parts of her and let her live on

Local shop is keeping me on the path to recovery and has found some options I'm hoping to make work for a new car (well new old)...they started a go fund me thing etc unbeknownst to be.....just great group of guys I call family

Intersport in tysons

But again I'm walking and don't even have a bruise..