Best source for super glue gel?

Larry Grenier

i just use the crap from walmart. get the 2 pack. Buy more than one 2 pack at a time.

What the heck are you gluing that you use all of it at once? Don't squeeze so hard!

It really doesn't take much to empty a tube because the majority seems like air - it's like a bag of chips - shake it down and you don't have much.

Not sure whether it was Chip but someone posted when CVS had super glue on sale. I think it was less than $1 for a two-tube pack of super glue gel. I cleaned out at least two CVS stores.

Maybe I'll give Dr. Mac's a try. Maybe we could do a group order to make shipping worth while. It's also coming up on beach time and people can stop on the way back and pick some up for the group???

Bobs right walmart I believe has the best deal on superglue and it has always worked great for me. I believe a 4 pack runs .99-1.99 very cheap IMO!

Honestly, go for the smaller tubes. I always end up not being able to get the cap quite on tight enough on the larger bottles/tubes and end up with a nice hard mass of solidified glue. So now I just use the little tubes, and try to plan out my fragging to use up the whole tube at once.

The walmart, cvs, target, etc... stuff is crappy at best - it's too thin. The stuff from mac last for ever and is thick. I get 1, maybe 2 frags mounted w/a CVS tube, that's not cost effective seeing I glued all the frags for the last meeting w/<1 tube from mac (~60 frags).

Just went to get the link and he's upped the price! Mac's glue. But w/the clubs relationship w/the Dr. I'm sure he's sell us a case on the cheap if one of the board asked him to, (that or BRK can find a supplier of this stuff).

Just found the same stuff way cheaper...............

1 Oz bottle $3.77

Cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate - viscosity is what sets them apart. Just check the local hobby shop, often a 1 - 3oz bottle of gel will be in the area of $5 & it will last a long time.

Are we all talking about "gel" and not the regular thin superglue? I'm using the CVS gel and that's great for my purposes. I bought some other kind of gel and it was so thick I almost broke the tube trying to squeeze it out :angry: but maybe it was just old.

Rik - are you saying that Dr. Mac's glue is thicker than super glue gel?

It's thicker than the CVS stuff. I bought 30+ tubes of the CVS stuff when it was on sale last xmas and 1/2 of each tube was air and the rest watery with a clump a gell at the end of each tube. I threw the last 7 or 8 tubes in the trash. The handibond stuff has a nice consistant gel consistancy and I have never had a tube get all blocked up at the tip.

Larry - if you're interested in doing an order for a few bottles each and splitting shipping - let me know.

Problem is $6.98 shipping :(

Worth it to me.

Larry - if you're interested in doing an order for a few bottles each and splitting shipping - let me know.

I'll get 3 Eve if you want to go in.

check the hobby shops. there is one in Fairfax and one in Chantilly that I know for fact they have the super gel glue for about $5 or $6 each. + Tax. Also if Michael's don't have it, try Total Craft, there is one in Route 50 near Green Bryiar (close to my house) that carry the glue gel too.

Rik - I'm in but let me check Michael's and see if we can cut out the shipping. There's one right around the corner from my work. Won't get a chance to go before Friday but I'll let you know what I find.

I've been using the cheap CVS Super Glue Gel two packs on Zoo frags with great success. Since I am dealing mostly with Zoos, I guess I don't use too much glue and each tube lasts me for at least 10 - 15 or so frags.

I went to AC Moore and saw something called omni stick, it is a thick gel, but it had acetone and petroleum distillate in it. Is that ok for tanks or can you only use cyanoacrylate?

Scott

I've been using Rik's favorite.

CVS SGG rocks. I only buy it on sale and work it a little before piercing the end.

I think Rocko summed it up best.............

I don't have problems with the CVS stuff either - I like it fine but it's half air - but they all are not just CVS's. I just want superglue gel in a larger container.

I heard BRK was pretty far (?) so that probably won't be an option for me - not for super glue anyway :-)

I don't have problems with the CVS stuff either - I like it fine but it's half air - but they all are not just CVS's. I just want superglue gel in a larger container.

I heard BRK was pretty far (?) so that probably won't be an option for me - not for super glue anyway :-)

I do carry the Boston aqua farms coral glue, works good, not too thin and used with the accerator it is great! allowing you to get the frags back into the water quicker.

Far away is all relative to where you are coming from.. :D

So these super glues don't affect the water.... the livestock negatively? I mean everything else does. I am so confused! LOL

Put the super glue gel right on the broken end of a piece of coral and press it to a rock and it dries underwater. It very rapidly becomes inert or comes out of the tube that way.