How often do you talk about your tank?

treesprite

Do people actually get through a day at work without thinking about the tank? My kid is always asking me why every conversation has to turn into fish tanks. I don't know how it happens. Even when I'm not thinking about my tank or the hobby in general, it ends up infiltrating conversations on it's own. A lot of the time I catch the subject creeping up in my thought and have to remind myself that most people really are not interested in my obsession.

I have a guy at work who now says "the more I hear about your tank the less I care about fish tanks..."

He also says "oh you mean the 200$ rock store" when I mention a LFS

darn haters~

I don't much. I tend to be that way about most my hobbies everything though. My co workers don't care. My friends go through the whole Nemo conversation when they come over and thats about it. So we stick to sports haha

He also says "oh you mean the 200$ rock store" when I mention a LFS

That's a good one!

Guilty here too. I got a couple of people hooked showing them mantis shrimp videos on youtube lol.

Dude I am so bummed I am going to have to sell my mantis shrimp living in my sump when I move out to DC.  

Dude I am so bummed I am going to have to sell my mantis shrimp living in my sump when I move out to DC.  

Depending on when you move out here I have one in a 10G at home I am going to get rid of if you want it. Its still small and growing so don't know what it is besides a smasher.

Depending on when you move out here I have one in a 10G at home I am going to get rid of if you want it. Its still small and growing so don't know what it is besides a smasher.

I might take you up on that.  I am currently hashing out living space.  After that I think I have picked out a tank but we will see if he has it once I get settled in to my new place.

If I had to guess, I include comments about my tank in just about 50% of my discussions. In reality, I think about talking about my tank in about 80% of my discussions but I hold back the urge. 

But to be honest, I don't hold back from talking about my tank because I think that people don't want to hear about it. I do it because I don't want to make people sad that they don't have and tank.   

Entirely to much!!!