New guy here

Arugellin

I posted to the FB group but figured I'd post here as well. I'm not sure why I haven't found WAMAS before. Lol. I live in the Silver Spring area and am stationed at Walter Reed. Here's my 20h w/ a 20h diy sump. Its been up and running for 8 months now.

Livestock:

Wyoming white clown

True perc clown

Yellow watchman goby/ pistol shrimp pair

Green Chromis

Coral:

Hammer

Frogspawn

Brain Favia

Armor of God paly's

Dragon eye zoa's

Eagle eye Zoa's

Trumpets

Shrooms

Gsp

post-2635362-0-23628700-1415117460_thumb.jpgpost-2635362-0-57942000-1415117509_thumb.jpgpost-2635362-0-85332300-1415117539_thumb.jpgpost-2635362-0-66465000-1415117561_thumb.jpgpost-2635362-0-57977700-1415117586_thumb.jpg

I posted to the FB group but figured I'd post here as well. 

Post here. This is where all the activity is anyway.

Welcome to WAMAS. I think that you'll like it here. We're one of the most active and supportive local reef clubs in the country. You just missed one of our quarterly meetings (the weekend before last). We flew in MASNA's Aquarist of the Year, Rich Ross, from the Steinhart Aquarium at the California Academy of Sciences (in SF) to speak to us. We do have a WAMAS social coming up this Saturday at Artfully Acrylic & Incredible Corals in Manassas. We're doing this in conjunction with Avast Marine (who's offering 15% off on their products for delivery to the social).

Something that you don't want to lose sight of. We're hosting MACNA 2015 in DC next year. This is a big thing: The largest marine aquarium conference / symposium in North America (and maybe the world). It's an annual event that moves around the country and WAMAS won the right to host it in 2015. You can find more details about his multi-day conference at http://www.macna2015.org or click on the MACNA 2015 banner at the top of a lot of our pages (it's random for some forum pages, so you may have to view a few pages before you see one of the banners). 

Anyway, welcome to WAMAS!

Thanks all. So far so good. And this hobby has likened itself to crack for me. I'm hooked. Lol. I'll def be attending MACNA next year. Once I get enough time and knowledge under my belt this will be a mixed reef. Aesthetically I'm not a big fan of sticks, but the challenge of a few acros is what I'm after, along w/ the easier on the eye IMO of LPS and softies.

This Saturday? Sadly no. I'm being drug to a bar to watch alabama football. The GF is alumni. As much as I despise the SEC I do enjoy free beer. Lol

This Saturday? Sadly no. I'm being drug to a bar to watch alabama football. The GF is alumni. As much as I despise the SEC I do enjoy free beer. Lol

But kickoff's not until 8 PM!

welcome to WAMAS and thanks for posting up. i'm only a few minutes from you and there are a few other impressive tanks within only 15 minutes of us. feel free to PM me if you have any questions and/or would like to see some tanks! nice to see someone super local join!

I'm close to CT and Randolph. Appreciate it. I'm always lookin at tanks. I also love antique stores. But lately I'm lookin at the furniture and thinking "I bet I could put a tank in that". Lol.

I dropped by there today because I was driving right past it.  They had the cutest little cherub angelfish, it must have been only an inch long.  If my tank were ready the cash would have jumped right out of my wallet.