A beauty outside and beast inside

ridetheducati

Jesus, I was walking inside the house barefoot and the movie clicked on as I walked inside I said "Woah!!!" As my foot got slammed in the storm door because I stopped dead in my tracks.

Do you think he grew thoes colonies out to that size? Looks like they are large wild colonies that have been grown for a bit in the system. If not props to him for making them look extreemly natural. I guess he doesn't like stags because I don't remember seeing any.

Thanks for the link, do you know anything about the rest of the setup?

It is an awesome looking tank but he must have spent about five thousand on stocking it with corals and fish. It would be nice to see some info on it, like how long he has had it running. He sure feeds a lot of flakes.

This is a gorgeous tank for sure but I would like to see some stags, montipora, etc… It looks good right now but I feel that it will be bland as the corals grow more and there is no diversity, no stags growing out between bushy acros, no acros hanging over caps, etc…

This is a gorgeous tank for sure but I would like to see some stags, montipora, etc… It looks good right now but I feel that it will be bland as the corals grow more and there is no diversity, no stags growing out between bushy acros, no acros hanging over caps, etc…

+1

I don't like it...the 2 lights on the right are crooked. :tongue:

Actually after looking at it I think it is kind of boring......Everything is exactly the same and too uniform, and the same size. Does not look as natural.  IMO

Looks like a wet bag of Skittles to me. ;)

I think we should add a like button based on comments like this.

+1

I don't like it...the 2 lights on the right are crooked. :tongue:

Actually after looking at it I think it is kind of boring......Everything is exactly the same and too uniform, and the same size. Does not look as natural.  IMO

Probably will look better when it starts to grow in.  As I mentioned earlier, too many wild colonies.  Would love to see it a year from now.  A few strategically placed stags and caps would break up the look.

+1 more.

It is both awesome and monotonous at the same time.  Makes me feel confused.

C'mon, that tank is awesome. Might not be everyone perfect tank, but it's still impressive. 

And holy bioload. Did you see all that food he put in?

It is an awesome looking tank but he must have spent about five thousand on stocking it with corals and fish. It would be nice to see some info on it, like how long he has had it running. He sure feeds a lot of flakes.

He has at least 100 corals. Most really large, depending on where he lives he could have spent 100 to 300 on each colony at least. That's more than 5000 right there and that's just what's viewable. They do look a lot like the kind of stuff live aquaria caries often. I love the thick branching stuff in there.

+1 more.

It is both awesome and monotonous at the same time.  Makes me feel confused.

:laugh: :laugh: That is a great way to explain it!

The rock work looks like a display stand for fruit.....or a large staircase with individual corals attached to individual rocks.

Don't get me wrong, the corals have great color and look awesome, but there is is just too much uniformity. It looks like a slope where they have planted rows of azaleas and have trimmed each one to try and make them uniform, but they are all off just a bit.

The rock wall aquascape was a popular method years ago because it allowed maximum surface area for corals.

Rock wall (2 lbs of live rock per gallon):  Maximum surface area, little to no negative space

Bonsai (.5 lbs of live rock per gallon):  Moderate surface area, moderate negative space

Minimalist (.2 lbs of live rock per gallon):  Limited surface area, maximum negative space

My next setup maybe Bonsai influenced.