Should I put a tank here?

Ryan S

Yay or Nay?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a small cube or AIO for my office, or wait for something bigger?

• Yay
    • Nay

Not sure if mentioned already but I think a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon bookshelf tank would be pretty slick there, also cheap to light.  Not sure how tall you can go, but look into GLA tanks.  Another option would be to go custom acrylic.  Several sponsors here have sales to utilize leftover cuts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Are there any reef ready, non-AIO, nano tanks available (rimless or not)?  The only one I've come across so far that would fit is a 25g Marineland Cube: 18" x 18" x 18".

Edited by Ryan S

I'm not pushing Quantum...but I know they have these posted:

20x20x16 Deep Blue RR

http://www.quantumreefs.com/Deep-Blue-28-Gallon-RR-Rimless-Aquarium-20x20x16_p_48724.html

20x20x12 Deep Blue RR

http://www.quantumreefs.com/Deep-Blue-Professional--21-gallon-Rimless-Reef-ready-Micro-Frag-Tank-20x20x12_p_48246.html

Sure you don't want to just drill one?? It's pretty easy...especially with a kit like GlassHoles

Thanks Matt.  I also see the 60XL Solana in the WTS forums too that might work (24x24x24).  I love Quantum, you can push away.  :)

What about a jbj 20 gal?

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_20_Gallon_Rimless_Shallow_Reef_Aquarium_Nano_Cube_Aquariums_Tanks_20_29_Gallons-JBJ_Lighting-JB01412-FIAQNCNTTT-vi.html

I was going to go with this tank for my office tank but it was tad bit too long. I ordered a custom PicO to fit the space I had picked out perfectly. If you go less than 24" wide then you could use a single wide angle Kessel and be set on lighting.  

Thanks Matt.  I also see the 60XL Solana in the WTS forums too that might work (24x24x24).  I love Quantum, you can push away.  :)

I put a video up so you can see, no scratches.

Would you be able to access the Solana in the bookshelf? I have a 34 gallon just against a wall and don't find it terribly easy to access. FWIW, my Solana is pretty loud if that matters to you. That can be modded some. Very nice tank though.

Not yet. Waiting for the right tank. Leaning against an AIO due to pain cleaning the back while on my shelf. So when the right sized RR tank pops up on cl or wamas, I'll go for it!

Not sure if mentioned already but I think a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon bookshelf tank would be pretty slick there.......

I love these tanks, have one on my rack planted.  Many set them up as reefs......

Alright, I went against my previous statements about leaning against an AIO, and grabbed a 29g Biocube this morning:

00Z0Z_lg8iASxtNim_600x450.jpg

While it's not going to be my dream 300g DD SPS tank, I think it will make a great little tank for Carter, and help me take a step back into the hobby and closer to ultimately getting the big tank again someday.