100 gallon rubbermade look down tank Movie up

Bought a fowler tank from a friend, do not like a 110 gallon tall so I have rehomed the fish in a stock tank for now.  This movie taken shortly after a waterchange.  Everyone looks pretty happy, actually surprised the small ones are out so much.  Just added the black tang, butterfly and baby emperor.

Nice thing is that the stock tank cost $79 at tractor supply or southern states and all I had to do was make an oferflow.  Had the sump and light sitting around.

Edited by gwweber
embedded the video

Gotta love stock tanks for cheap at tractor supply i got one for cooking rock.

Any plans to move fish later on to a tank or just leave it as a look down.

(edited)

Just dont know yet,  but the price for a 300 gallon is $249 and my fish would love it.  HMMMMMMM 

Then there is the plus of not having to clean glass all the time!!!!!

I purchased a 180 0ceanic from bengeeee for those fish, but am reallyh liking the interaction with the fish in the lookdown enviroment.

Edited by gwweber

I didn't think I would enjoy this, but I do, a lot. Thanks for the share!

it is sooo easy   Just make a ovewrflow and I have a etss sump skimmer combo works great.  One led light and good to go.

Very cool! Really like it...gets me thinking about doing something like this when we move back to WA in 2 years...I have a great corner in my family room this would work well in :)

Ive looked on youtube and saw a few nice ones.  The 300 gallon tank is 5 across and almost like a hottub shape.  Saw one person stick a small rubbermaid trash can in the center with the filter built into it.  Had sharks (Small) and rays and the fish swam in a circle.

I guess as with anything you could make it like you want.  Coral or fowler.  Easy to drill and cheap.  Dc says to put it on blocks, but i sit down in front of the tank and feed them, so 24 inches hght is pretty mice.

As far as have other had success, guess it is up to us to decide how to make our toys work for us, just have to get used to a tank of a different type.  Been seeing stuff like this outside buisnesses around the reefy areas of our world, why not bring one inside?

LOL   know where to get some frags now!

What are  you using for a light?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 50 gallon rubbermaid for my acros with a ton of flow in it and a 100 gallon for the sump. It was fun but the bulkhead on the bottom of the 100 gallon split and I was having trouble getting to my parents house often enough to feed it. It was fun looking down on ed everything but annoying having to turn 5 powerheads and the return pump off to see what was going on.

New movie up