Keraxis

I just wanted to say hello to everyone.  I am relatively new to marine tanks but i was able to research and piece together my 40gb.  It has 41 pounds live rock, 40 pounds fiji pink sand.  reef breeder 32 led light capable of growing any coral my little heart desires.  ecotec ep10 powerhead and a remora c protein skimmer.  

fish: 2 True perc clowns

Clean up crew: 2 snails, about 5 brittle stars (hitchhiked on in there) and a banded shrimp.

coral.  2 clusters of zoanthids and 3 mushrooms

I dont think i will add anything more for a bit to make sure everything is in balanced unless i have trouble with that aptasia i found..... i ordered aptasia x and if that doesnt work ill pick up a peppermint shrimp.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to the community.  

Welcome to the club! The tank looks nice, look forward to watching it grow! You should consider becoming a full member, we have Frag Fest coming up next month, and it's an awesome way to meet some new reefers and get some free corals into that tank! Plus tons of buying and selling and swapping! And there is always a good speaker!

I want to go to frag fest so bad.... then again i cant be to upset.... ill be in st. john snorkeling during it.  I want to attend a meeting before i join so i can bring my wife and then ill know if i want to get my own or one for us both.  My tank cycled in 3 weeks and has been running for another 3 so about 6 weeks.  I am starting to see some green algae growth but i believe that is normal at this stage since my tank is new.  I am also eventually considering a sump or refugium but am happy with what i have at this point.  

I watched alot of videos on aquascaping. When I got home I got out a hammer, chisel and a hacksaw and got to work

I want to go to frag fest so bad.... then again i cant be to upset.... ill be in st. john snorkeling during it.  I want to attend a meeting before i join so i can bring my wife and then ill know if i want to get my own or one for us both.  My tank cycled in 3 weeks and has been running for another 3 so about 6 weeks.  I am starting to see some green algae growth but i believe that is normal at this stage since my tank is new.  I am also eventually considering a sump or refugium but am happy with what i have at this point.  

It's going to go through a few phases that are typical of new tanks. Be patient and don't get discouraged. Things even out as the nutrient levels, bacteria, and other lower forms of life take hold. You should try to find a source of some pods and worms (microfauna) from established tank sand or some "grunge" from an LFS that has some at the bottom of their live rock bin. Get the lower end of the food chain in place before adding too many more predators (e.g. fish).

welcome to the club

Do you think one mp10 is enough for my tank.  I was considering a small powerhead or a wave maker for the other side in the corner.  I would love another mp10 so i can link them but doubt the wife would be ok with that right now.