Apex ARRIVED - Need suggestions!

dmatt56

Hello Everyone,

I jumped on the Cyber Monday specials and purchased a full APEX controller.  I'm also purchasing an extra EnergyBar 8 and I/O Box.  I'd like to add the following items to my setup:

• DC Power Adapter
  • WIFI Connector
  • Float Switches for the I/O Box
  • Wireless Camera

What does everyone recommend for each of the above components?

Any Apex GURUs among us?

Thanks,

Matt

it all depends on what your goals are.  There are other components as well:

WXM

Leak detector

auto feeder

breakout box

I just hooked up my webcam last night, but it isn't on the internet yet.

it all depends on what your goals are.  There are other components as well:

WXM

Leak detector

auto feeder

breakout box

I just hooked up my webcam last night, but it isn't on the internet yet.

Did you order that one that you posted up FS deal? LMK when you get it pumping through your Apex Dashboard.

FWIW, the Trendnet Ap for the iPhone is pretty nice, and very easy to setup.

I did the same.  I plan on making a DIY breakout box for float switches and leak detectors.  It costs roughly the same price to make but is a lot nicer with the audio jack connectors rather than Neptune's spring connections.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847474

Edited by LanksTank

I love my Apex and the programming is pretty straight forward. We should have a section where we can share apex codes.....

but I thought the new upgrade was going to do away with programming?

Is it? I mean i think your still going to have to enter specifics about how and what you want your apex controller to do. Example: if I want to have custom lighting scheme then that has to be stored somewhere?

This streamlining will be primarily accomplished through the use of wizards, such as the Lighting Wizard on display at the show, and by taking away some of the programming barriers that make wireless connection a challenge for those not well versed in programming and network design.

As for the wizards, this is the area that we think the Apex Fusion will truly shine. Users can create and share their own wizards for a variety of different controller modules, thereby eliminating the need to make new device profiles each time they want to mae a change. 

For example, Neptune Systems had a unified LED Lighting Wizard on display that allow for users to change their light fixtures without having to reprogram the lights. The interface is said to stay the same for the EcoTech Marine Radion, AquaIllumination Hydra, the Kessil A360, or even a do-it-yourself fixture without having to change a thing…and that’s where the Apex Ready system really shows its strength.

Fusion is looking nicer and nicer as more details come out.  I updated to 4.30 with no issues this morning.  It's pretty nice too with popups for the varspd outlets on the dashboard. 

Someone posted on a different thread with a little short extension cord with a light in the end that makes it possible to use dosers on the non-relay outlets more reliably by adding a bit of load to the solid-state outlet.  Does anyone remember what that item was?

This streamlining will be primarily accomplished through the use of wizards.

How did Neptune manage to hire a Wizard for every Apex?!

Fusion is looking nicer and nicer as more details come out.  I updated to 4.30 with no issues this morning.  It's pretty nice too with popups for the varspd outlets on the dashboard.

I will be following suite this weekend

The programming side of things is going to be really user friendly with Fusion. I would imagine there will probably still be some programming, but it will be much easier to work with.

Someone posted on a different thread with a little short extension cord with a light in the end that makes it possible to use dosers on the non-relay outlets more reliably by adding a bit of load to the solid-state outlet.  Does anyone remember what that item was?

It was me. It was this. I honestly picked up a few three packs at Big Lots for like $5 each. I think Wally World has them on the line too, not sure about in store.

post-2633366-0-83062400-1387116338_thumb.jpg

Edited by Djplus1

Just picked up the neptune auto feeder today from QR. really nice (albeit noisy)

How is that thing? Does it hook up via Aquabus only or does it steal an EB8 outlet? I'm really thinking of picking up 2 or 3 if I can use them without a dedicated Apex outlet.

How is that thing? Does it hook up via Aquabus only or does it steal an EB8 outlet? I'm really thinking of picking up 2 or 3 if I can use them without a dedicated Apex outlet.

its just aquabus...doesn't use an outlet