winter storm tomorrow

ctenophore

I know, right?  I did suggest letting her out for a few mins after her nap this afternoon.  If it doesn't happen, I be sitting tomorrow, so I'll have a chance to sneak her out, even if it's just for a few mins :cool:  :cool: .  

I remember bundling up 4 kids for snow play, only to have at least one of them have run back in 2 mins later to the bathroom.  Never failed, even when I remembered to get them to go before I got them all dressed.  It doesn't snow enough to really play in VA often, this storm should be fun for the kids.  

I'm betting we have a bad winter also, we really haven't had a winter in a few years.  

OMG they come back in one after the other every 5 minutes..."my hat...my boots, my glove fell off..etc etc etc" 

I am trying not to yell as if i just do it quick they just go back out....so its self serving. But inside I am ready to scream LOL...but then I remember being a kid and doing it all too.  We had those all in one snowsuits that you couldn't move in and always clipped your chin when mom zipped it up...and we ALWAYS had to go to the bathroom AFTER it was on. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG they come back in one after the other every 5 minutes..."my hat...my boots, my glove fell off..etc etc etc" 

I am trying not to yell as if i just do it quick they just go back out....so its self serving. But inside I am ready to scream LOL...but then I remember being a kid and doing it all too.  We had those all in one snowsuits that you couldn't move in and always clipped your chin when mom zipped it up...and we ALWAYS had to go to the bathroom AFTER it was on. 

Jenn, I know you've heard this 1000 times, enjoy this while you can.  Take it from the old lady of this group....it flies by in a wink of your eye.  But if your lucky, you'll get to be a "Nona", which is better than a mom, all the good, and none of the bad.  When Makenna is being a typical 2 yr old, I get to say "Lisa, deal with this".....  :)

It's really coming down here, started about 8am with small flakes, by 9:30 the flakes got bigger, and has been a steady stream of heavy snow since.  We have almost 2" on our deck rails.  

i know ...i know...and I try to remind myself daily....LOL...hard when you are in the thick of it...that dreaded hindsight thing....

so has anyone lost power or is everyone good today?

Good so far...just stuck another heater in my tank so get it a bit warmer than my normal 75...lol

Have blankets and comforters on standby ... And getting ready to boil some eggs :) great winter snack!

We got another 4" this morning but it's mostly done now .. driveway, sidewalk, and deck are all cleared ... I'm surprised by the amount of snow that's clinging to the tree branches --- and hoping the branches stay hooked to the trees !

My Winter Snack, is Whiskey. :)

I may still have to go in to work...we will see in the next few hours...if not...I prefer fireball! (Got that and some jäger in the freezer..I'll be good to go incase of a power outage,lol)

I may still have to go in to work...we will see in the next few hours...if not...I prefer fireball! (Got that and some jäger in the freezer..I'll be good to go incase of a power outage,lol)

Lol, I'm a Jameson, 12 Year. Kinda' Guy.lol If the power does go, Can always put the bottles outside in " The BIG Freezer " .lol

Easily 5 or 6 inches out my way (a couple of miles south of Hamilton, VA). Absolutely beautiful outside with the snow clinging to the tree branches. Spent about 45 minutes today on the tractor plowing the driveway. Plowed the ice off yesterday, too. Seems to be above freezing now, so all is well. No issues with power either.

tom, i want photos of your plow and tractor doing some work!

I should have had somebody take pics, huh? It's just part of what I have to do to get up and out of the driveway (there's about a 40 foot drop over more than 400' from the driveway entry to the garage), so I never really think of it as picture-worthy. It's a bit like having your picture taken shoveling snow. Anyway, it's a Kubota tractor with a 5-foot blade on it. Most of the year it has the (60-inch) mowing deck on it but I pulled the deck and fitted the plow on Saturday in anticipation of this first snowfall.

Oh, I was wearing my mink fur cap that I bought in Kazakhstan back in 2001. Maybe that would have been picture-worthy.

yeah, i don't have a tractor or plow or an awesome huge path like that so i bet it looks fantastic and some great photos could come out with the sun really starting to shine. the hat would be awesome!

Oh, I was wearing my mink fur cap that I bought in Kazakhstan back in 2001. Maybe that would have been picture-worthy.

That would've been a Sight to See.lol. glad to hear all is well out there. Nice View, Huh??

Easily 5 or 6 inches out my way (a couple of miles south of Hamilton, VA). Absolutely beautiful outside with the snow clinging to the tree branches. Spent about 45 minutes today on the tractor plowing the driveway. Plowed the ice off yesterday, too. Seems to be above freezing now, so all is well. No issues with power either.

A year and a half ago we were doing the same thing. Beautiful, but snow chores on a third of an acre are a bit easier than when we had 13 acres and horses that still needed care despite the weather! :-) I still get to drive through beautiful western Loudoun in the snow though!

I'm glad everyone was able to stay safe, and there were no aquarium disasters.

We lost power at 4:50am monday and didnt get back until 2:30am tuesday morning...all seems ok,maybe one loss:my brothers banded shrimp chose that nite to shed and now isnt acting right..we will see..tanks got down into high 60's(66-68) suprised all seems ok..used lots of handwarmers and the battery air pumps...

We lost power at 4:50am monday and didnt get back until 2:30am tuesday morning...all seems ok,maybe one loss:my brothers banded shrimp chose that nite to shed and now isnt acting right..we will see..tanks got down into high 60's(66-68) suprised all seems ok..used lots of handwarmers and the battery air pumps...

I'm not sure how far you are from me, but I have a banded shrimp you can have if your brothers does not make it.

I live in catlett va..about 15-20 mins drom warrenton..i will let him know if his doesnt make it...

I know a nice lady out in Catlett that let's a buddy go shooting on her property. We were out there a couple months ago. I'd love to get a property out that way.