ASOV doesn't stop waste water???

steveoutlaw

Are you checking your waste water immediately after the float shuts off the Rodi water? Reason I ask is because it takes up to 5, maybe more, minutes for the asov to work on the waste water side.

I had an issue with my brs asov and communicated with them regarding that and that's when they mentioned how long it takes for the valve to actually work after the float triggers it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Check to see that the ASOV is actually in the right position. It should be just before the RO membrane on the input side. It senses back pressure on pure water line from the float valve stopping the flow in that line, and then cuts off the water flow to the membrane. If the water pressure on the pure water line does not build up sufficient pressure, the ASOV might not shut off. Sometimes this is a sign that you have clogged pre-filters or low water pressure. Also, check to make sure that your flow restrictor is not open.

I'm on a well with lower pressure. While I do use a booster pump, I've augmented the system with an Avast ATO on a timer and use that setup to shut off the water (via a solenoid valve) and the booster pump when my reservoir fills.

I tested it out to see if it takes longer to fully shutoff as other mentioned, but after 5+ minutes it's still kept on going. I did notice the ASOV rumbling as it is appears to attempting to shutoff the source water. So, went through my connection and reconfigured my RODI unit connections and is working now :happy:. Thanks Steve for brought it up! I guessed my original config do not allow the unit to fully build up the pressure to completely shut the water off. I originally have the DI feed into the ASOV and the output from the ASOV to the float valve. Now, reconfigured the last output of the ASOV into the DI canister and from the DI canister to the float valve. I supposed it improve the pressure and allow the ASOV to shutoff completely. 

I'm on a well with lower pressure. While I do use a booster pump, I've augmented the system with an Avast ATO on a timer and use that setup to shut off the water (via a solenoid valve) and the booster pump when my reservoir fills.

We're going to need more details on this one...........I have an old solenoid lying around & would dearly like to automate the fill. Best I've got in my "idea closet" is to use a timer with a guess as to how long & often to run it (I have a float on the tank, simply use excess waste water)