Kalk Reactor Build Party

Folta

Hey guys I know it is kind of late, but I had to change my flight plans and I won't be returning to DC until the 9th of January. :bigcry: I wish that I could be there, but I have some things to take care of here in Chicago. Who ever is next in line can take my place. Once again I am sorry if I caused anyone any trouble, but I just won't be able to make it. :(

Thanks again.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to get started around 10 am on Sunday the 8th.

If you haven't been here before, please PM me for directions and include a phone number I can reach you.

I spoke to Jeff (NAGA) who is joining us and will post here soon.

He will be bringing some of the material pre-cut.

Tim, Call me as we will now have a change in the material list and part numbers I already sent you.

LOL. Thanks Chip. If Timothy couls save my parts that would be awesome! Let me know if you all will be able to do that for me. I could pick them up when I get back in town and give the money to whomever. Thanks again!

Jeff, I just talked to chip and he mentioned that, that is awesome! Send me a pm with how much the materials cost for those.

143 Gadgets, we will save your parts for you. I asked everyone to confirm that they could come because I don't want to get stuck with paying for extra parts. However, if you make a personal arangement with someone to take your place, that is fine with me as long as both of you send me a pm and let me know. The way I'm looking at it, everyone on that list is who I have bought parts for; if you cannot make it to the party, you will still owe me for the parts. (You just will have to arrange a time to pick the parts up).

Tim

Ok, a little update.

The local home depot to me does not carry 3/8" cpvc. We will need a 10 ft. section of this for the build party. Does anyone who will be coming live close to a lowes that can pick this up for the party? 10' section of 3/8" cpvc (cream color is fine).

Another note. Everyone will need to purchase a powerhead of their choice for the reactor. Something in the range of 200 gph. I plan to use a Maxijet 900, but this is up to each person to decide what they want.

We will be meeting at Chip Frederick's house at 10:00 am sharp on Sunday, January 8th (thats this Sunday coming up!). Please PM Chip for his info (phone, address, whathaveyou).

Again, if someone can stop by a lowes for the 3/8 cpvc, that would be awesome (just please send me a pm).

Bumping this to the top again.

Everyone will need to buy one powerhead of their choice that will pump around 200 gph. I will be using a maxijet 900 for mine, for example.

And, again is there anyone that can check a lowes (or a local hardware store near you) for 3/8" cpvc? I'm having trouble finding this part (we need a single 10' section).

Erik, are you looking to take Gadgets place? No one else has spoken up yet, and Craig (who was first on the list) won't be able to take his place. If you both agree to it, I'm fine with the swap :)

Ok, could you send Howard and Jake a pm (or call them maybe, if you ahve their numbers) to find out if they wanted to take Gadgets place?

We're looking in the ballpark of about $80 depending on a couple costs I"m not sure of yet. I'll make a post of final price as soon as I can.

board hawks???? oh well that's what I get for hanging out with Howard.... :D

I am in. Now, If Erik does not has a Kalk Reactor, I will give my place to Erik. On the other hand if Erik already has a Kalk reactor, then I am still keeping my place to build a new kalk reactor.

Jacob

I think it will be closer to $60ish than "my" earlier guesstimate to Tim, however each person would still need to purchase a small internal mixing powerhead. This will be a stand alone reactor and ready to hook up to your existing replenishment devise with you supplying all piping to and from your exisiting pump.

Then we get into shop use fees, insurance fees, lectricity usage, instructional fees, and 1/10th whatever "the stripper" Tim has arranged for costs.

I'll show you how mines set up and we can kick around other options while we're working.

Yeah, I was just running up the total for the reactors, and I think it will be cheaper than the $80 estimate (thats with each person getting their own powerhead). I still need to get a price on the sheet acrylic though to give an actual amount.

Ok, so let me see if I can get this straight.... Jacob is in if Erik has a reactor, but if Erik does not have a reactor then Erik can be in, pending that Howard does not want to take the spot (as he is first in the queue list).

Chip, can you send me a Pm and let me know who hasn't gotten directions from you yet? I sent everyone a reminder PM, and have heard back from the majority of them.

I'm stopping by a different hardware store on my way home tonight to see if I can locate a 3/8" cpvc tube, as nobody has sent me a message and let me know they've been able to find it. I know you have 5' of it Chip, but I don't think thats' going to be enough to cover all the reactors - so this may be a part a few of us need to locate after the party...

Gang, count me out, already have a Kalk Reactor!

Have fun this weekend!

Haha, see this is the confusion that I'm trying to avoid... I've got enough on my hands just getting all the materials! :D

Chip... crud. What do we need for that rigid supply line? Is it something that HD sells? Send me a pm or call.

~ Tim

Hi all,

just wanted to update things as far as myself and what I am bringing. I have 30 8.5" square 1/4" acrylic pieces. I also have enough material for the needed 36 pcs. of approx. 2x3" squares. I will be bringing glue for the reactors along with some syringes and pins for the assembly.

I spoke with Chip and confirmed this with him and as far as I can tell we are in good shape for Sunday.

Chip, if there is anything else that you can think of just give me a shout back.

Jeff

Good Morning, first let me appologize. I said yes I'm in without consulting with my wife, and she is On-Call this weekend and works Sunday, so I got stuck with baby sitting and can not attend the Kalk build party. I already sent Erik an email on this note. Next in line takes the place in the build up party.

Jacob