New Member in Hagerstown!

Hello all! Brand new to this club and officially paid and legit! I live in Hagerstown and work in Leesburg, so traveling isn't much of an issue for me...

Current Tank info:

75g rimless mixed reef

34g Solana AIO retro softie tank

125ish gallon independent frag system

Looking forward to this club and thanks for having me!

Chris

Very cool! I like your work around the overflow in your 75 rimless. My 57 made for challenging aquacapes. That frag system looks like it's got some things in there, or is that just rock?

Very cool! I like your work around the overflow in your 75 rimless. My 57 made for challenging aquacapes. That frag system looks like it's got some things in there, or is that just rock?

yeah, the center overflow on these tanks are tough, I did the best I could to hide the majority of it. The frag tank does have some stuff in it. A few high end zoas I'm growing out, a couple LPS pieces and a couple of SPS pieces. Mainly growing out some colonies of miscellaneous stuff.

Wish I had that much frag room! How did you hear about us?

Actually from one of your members Arkonen. We follow each other on twitter, and he suggested I check you guys out. Seems like a great club!

Nice tanks! What lighting do you use on your mixed reef?

Thanks! I'm running 2 24" Ecoxotic Pro Fixtures. 3 white strips and 3 royal blue/magenta in each.

Nice looking tanks! Welcome to the club.

I see you have the Ecoxotic Pros, make sure you keep a fan on them or they will burn out quickly.

Thanks! It's an old house with no central air. That said, there's a 10,000 BTU window a/c that sits about 8' across from the tank, luckily no issues yet. :)

it's awesome that there is always a few more folks out there with reef tanks that join along. i don't know how i would really succeed and do as well as i do now with my tanks without WAMAS. it's crazy how long it takes some folks (it took me five years before i heard or knew anything about WAMAS) to find out about our impeccable group. we need to advertise on the radio or something, haha.

welcome aboard and those are some swell tanks - any plans, changes, or things you are particularly proud of with you existing set ups?

it's awesome that there is always a few more folks out there with reef tanks that join along. i don't know how i would really succeed and do as well as i do now with my tanks without WAMAS. it's crazy how long it takes some folks (it took me five years before i heard or knew anything about WAMAS) to find out about our impeccable group. we need to advertise on the radio or something, haha.

welcome aboard and those are some swell tanks - any plans, changes, or things you are particularly proud of with you existing set ups?

Well I guess it's taken me 2 years to find this club, as that's about how long I've been in the hobby. :). Thanks for the kind words!

As far as anything I'm particularly proud of... These tanks are still pretty young. The 75 is only 1 1/2 years old so it's still a bit "fraggy" still, and the Solana is almost at the 1 year mark. The frag tank was born from a severe kalk overdose a few months back that almost killed my tank. Nothing like coming home after a 14hr day to a milky reef tank... I guess out of that mishap came what I was most proud of. Surprisingly, I only lost 3 corals. Almost everything that is in my tank now survived the wrath of kalk that day. My red monti cap was hit the hardest as it completely died off, but somehow there must have been just a little life left in it, because over the summer it started growing from a small spot and has almost covered the old dead skeleton. Today, everything is growing and thriving (knock on wood) and I look back on that day when I came home to a crashed tank and I'm thankful I just jumped into figuring out "how" to fix the mess that was created.