What do you run your tank at, Salinty-wise??

TheyCallMeMr.703

1.025 - 1.026, but stability is more important. Letting it rollercoaster like that is not good, Josh

I think I will be running mine at 1.025 also... But Josh, why is yours that is low?!?!?! lol

It's not always that low. I didn't explain myself lol That's what I set it up at Friday. Because I know I get evap. I didnt wanna start high and end up with the Dead Sea 3 days later lol Now it's like 26 I checked earlier. I'm gonna keep it there. 25 26.

Edited by Joshifer

Now is a question. I confused myself. Sorry to hijack. I started it at 22 because this ac is always running and I get evap. If I started high it'll climb way too high so I started low. Now my water level lowered and its at 26. And I wanna keep it around there. 25 26. How do I raise water level without moving the SG? Add lower saltwater? Or that level salt water?

Top it off with the SAME  salinity- of Saltwater... if you do fresh, it will just Lower the salinity, so Top off with the Same  Salinity reading and you'll be good.

never use saltwater for top off.  It will increase your salinity.  when the water evap's, the salt stays in the water.  You need a top off system and use only rodi water for top off.

(edited)

never use saltwater for top off.  It will increase your salinity.  when the water evap's, the salt stays in the water.  You need a top off system and use only rodi water for top off.

True., But no.. That is not what he was asking...

It sounds like He Filled his tank with Water.. It evaporated to the point where it has lost water and has thus, raised the salinity level... Finally Loosing enough water has gottin' it to the Level he wants...

-->  The problem is now his tank is low on water, and it sounds like he wants to Fill it back up... But not Change the Salinity level...         That's why I said what I said... If he just add's Fresh water, It'll just lower his salinity Level...

His "?" is not about maintaining the water level, it is about Getting it back up to where " it should be ", but keeping his Salinity Level the same.... Did I understand this correctly Joshifer???

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

True., But no.. That is not what he was asking...

It sounds like He Filled his tank with Water.. It evaporated to the point where it has lost water and has thus, raised the salinity level... Finally Loosing enough water has gottin' it to the Level he wants...

-->  The problem is now his tank is low on water, and it sounds like he wants to Fill it back up... But not Change the Salinity level...         That's why I said what I said... If he just add's Fresh water, It'll just lower his salinity Level...

His "?" is not about maintaining the water level, it is about Getting it back up to where " it should be ", but keeping his Salinity Level the same.... Did I understand this correctly Joshifer???

Yes exactly. Started low intentionally. Let it rise. Now the water itself needs to be raised idk to add salt or plain RO

(edited)

Joshifer... Add saltwater with the "correct" Salinity Level you want... To get it to the water height in the tank you desire... After that Maintain it with Fresh RO, You got this man. lol

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Joshifer... Add saltwater with the "correct" Salinity Level you want... To get it to the water height in the tank you desire... After that Maintain it with Fresh RO, You got this man. lol

Ok cool thanks :D

1.025-1.026

What i usually do to compensate for skimming is top off a little extra sw during wc. Then it evaps a bit before triggering the ato and keeping it in check.

It did hit 1.024 at one point because my davie jones locker filled like twice during the week. Forgot to check after adjusting it.

Yea if you got inverts run it at 1.25-26. Swing arms can be inaccurate and refractometer can be Mia calibrated so be careful check And double check.