Warren's 90 gallon Zeovit tank

Hey Warren - how's the tank coming along? I'm reading up on Zeo products and am thinking about converting. Do you notice a difference with using Zeo products? Can you post some recent pics? I'm thinking about upgrading my tank and want to start right off using Zeo. Thanks

Tank is going well, but the controller on my Photon48 gave out. Logan is sending me another immediately. In the meantime, I put up an old T5HO 4 bulb that I used when I grew orchids. Outfitted with mostly ATI aqua blue plus so it looks pretty awful for pics.

Otherwise still thrilled with Zeovit. I'll try to take pics when I'm back in town. 2 new fishy additions though.

post-2633525-138476020786_thumb.jpg

post-2633525-138476023328_thumb.jpg

A Labouti and melenarus wrasse. Awful lighting from the bulbs though so the corals look terrible in these pics.

--

Warren

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A few pics.  No FTS though.

11095594264_62017002e8_b.jpg

11095557506_43fe9f484b_b.jpg

11095669143_e03981049a_b.jpg

About 3 weeks old and picking up quite a bit of coralline.  It's mounted on a magnet.  I move it to clean the glass every few days.

11095460325_3524a23a5e_b.jpg

A Tubbs, which has pinked out, rainbow monti, and some unknown acan.

11095533466_7af516dbe9_b.jpg

Tricolor and a stylo that has gone from purple to super hot pink.  It's very hard to photograph.

11095662413_6317fa5e0f_b.jpg

Ultra rainbow acan eating some blackworms

11095656683_c68f1943cc_b.jpg

Meteor shower cyphastrea that is spreading like wildfire.  One of the fastest growing coral in my tank.

11095574574_afaa1c0d4d_b.jpg

This little guy moves from place to place every few days

11095669143_e03981049a_b.jpg

Another of Laboutei, who shall always be known as La-booty in our house.  A juvie male.  Sorry for the crappy stark white light.  This was a temporary setup with my old T5HO used for orchids while I replaced the controller on my Photon 48.

11095557506_43fe9f484b_b.jpg

Edited by wangspeed

So I tried dosing Zeospur2 for the second time.  The first time I used 1/4 the dose for 100 gallons, and didn't see much of a difference.  This time, I went up to 1/2 the recommended dose, and whoah!  I can see how people wipe out corals with this stuff.  This is controlled bleaching, and the colors that come out are pretty darn amazing.  I can't wait to see it in action when the corals are really grown out.

Nice pics Warren.  I'm still tinkering with starting up a Zeo system.  I bought a sample kit of 4 small bottles and dosed the tank with it.  Haven't seen much of a difference though.  The sample pack was called KORALLEN-ZUCHT NANO POWER PACKAGE.  Used it on my 90 gallon.  Doesn't make sense to use such a small amount on a 90 gallon huh?  I thought that after I bought it. lol

The Zeo nano kit is missing some of the big things for Zeo, but has some of the nice colorizing.  Defintely a nice pack for smaller tanks though.  Xtra is a great colorizing additive!  I started with it in my nano before I went full Zeo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My automatic temp correcting refractometer doesn't actually correct worth a darn.  Lost a few due to dropping SG, and Alk.  So long ORA Green birdsnest and hot pink stylo.  I may have been nuking them with too much light too.  The stylo did start off purple...

Plus I had one cool rainbow zoa from bn251 decide it hated life after I mounted it to a dome.  Never opened back up :(  My jack o lantern lepto isn't looking hot either.  It's definitely not growing.  I guess some things don't love being in a low nutrient environment.  I feed pretty heavily though.  The rest of my corals are really taking off.  Especially montis and acros.  I mean, my mystic sunset is plating out like crazy.

Otherwise I've probably overcrowded the tank with frags by now, but partly just to see what I like, and what does well.  I need to get rid of some though.  Maybe at the meeting, which is probably a good idea, since I intend to pick up more frags there.  Maybe a maxima...

I love the porcelain crab picture, Warren. Keep that one around for some future POTM submission.

Keep updating your on zeovit experience.

You will not be able to resist a clam if you see them at the meet. Might as well clear room now.

I find some corals do great while others fade away for no reason.  I dump the ones that don't do well, and just stick with what looks good.  Easier than fighting to get them all to look good at the same time.  I think that's an impossible goal for most of us.

I love the porcelain crab picture, Warren. Keep that one around for some future POTM submission.

Keep updating your on zeovit experience.

How do I actually submit for POTM?

How do I actually submit for POTM?

You wait until there is a POTM that would be themed to have a picture of a p. crab :) And for me to get off my butt and to throw a POTM together and hope that people participate.

You will not be able to resist a clam if you see them at the meet. Might as well clear room now.

I've got a place in mind already.  Just waiting for the right one to come along.  I'm being picky about it.  Good chance the clam will push me to move from kalk to 2 part.  Originally I started with 2 part, but switched to kalk to help boost PH.  With my expensive juice bottle CO2 scrubber in place, I should be able to go back to 2 part.

(edited)

4 months of growth.  This is probably my fastest growing coral right now.  The colors aren't quite right in this pic.  The electric purple and blue is tough to capture, and the base isn't quite this boring looking.

10052929094_061e3fd645_b.jpg

11988138486_cd4ee10975_b.jpg

Yes, it's actually plating out into the water column.

Edited by wangspeed