Happy client

zygote2k

I'm used to retrofitting LED's into existing tanks and have been doing it for nearly 5 years now so it becomes commonplace to me and I rarely get excited anymore.

Yesterday, I pulled a 4x54w T5 off of a 6' long 150 and replaced it with 3) D120's. there was quite a difference in light to say the least.

When the client and his wife saw it, they were literally stunned and both had one of those, Wow! reactions. I hadn't seen a reaction on middle aged people like that for a long time. It's nice to hear how people react to positive changes in their tank.

Just sayin.

That's a pretty big change going from the 4 T5's to the D120's. Did you have to make changes to the photoperiod or intensity? I'm sure the clients saw the tank pop with colors they hadn't seen before. Any before and after pictures?

That's a pretty big change going from the 4 T5's to the D120's. Did you have to make changes to the photoperiod or intensity? I'm sure the clients saw the tank pop with colors they hadn't seen before. Any before and after pictures?

I'll say. From 216W of T5's to 360W of LEDs? I assume that you have them dialed back some to start, Rob? Did you just go with a 50/50 or 66/34 RB/CW LED mix or something a bit more involved? Is this an SPS tank. The 120's are a great value. I have a couple over my 4' frag tank.

I'm used to retrofitting LED's into existing tanks and have been doing it for nearly 5 years now so it becomes commonplace to me and I rarely get excited anymore.

Yesterday, I pulled a 4x54w T5 off of a 6' long 150 and replaced it with 3) D120's. there was quite a difference in light to say the least.

When the client and his wife saw it, they were literally stunned and both had one of those, Wow! reactions. I hadn't seen a reaction on middle aged people like that for a long time. It's nice to hear how people react to positive changes in their tank.

Just sayin.

Rob, the 20 t5's on my tank are end of life this December. Let's talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, Rob. I sometimes have instances like that working the type of work I do. There's nothing like this intangible personal reward to make a job worth doing regardless of the pay or how interesting the work tasks may or may not be. It gives a deeper level to the appreciation people have for you. Congrats on that :)