30g "Themed" Cube - What Theme Would YOU Choose?

Ryan S

If you had a 30g Cube, that included everything you'd need to run it as a saltwater reef tank (heater, lighting, skimmer, pumps, chiller, etc).  The only requirement was that it had a "Theme" of some sort, what theme would you choose for it?  Some examples might be: Anenome Tank; Carpet Anenome + Clown Pair Tank; "Rainbow" Colored Corals-Only Tank; "Blue" Colored Corals-Only Tank; Snowflake Eel Tank; Dwarf Lionfish Den; SPS Dominated Tank; Zoa Garden Tank; Angler's Den; Mantis Shrimp Den; Harlequin Shrimp Tank; Pipefish Tank; Seahorse Tank; etc.

Edited by Ryan S

Way too small for a carpet tank as they get huge. Also too small for eel and dwarf lionfish when they grow up and unless you had a huge sump for the filter to handle the large waste load you would have to do weekly water changes.

I would do a dedicated pipefish tank and have lots of sea grass or macro algae in it so it is full of pods.

I think both anglers and lions are cool, but for me I would find it kinda boring. Very slow movers. I would rather have a tank of a certain fish, like cardinals. Obviously it can still be a reef tank. Yo could incorporate only the corals found in the specific location. I also like an exclusive coral tank as well.. 

Ask yourself if you think you'll still be happy with it in a year. Is staring at the same lionfish sitting in the same spot for a year going to satisfy your needs.?

I would get a peacock mantis and make a more dark/scary type tank.

Or... Do an anemone tank and get a couple juveniles clowns of different designs and put then all together.. I have read some good success stories of doing a clown colony when putting all juveniles..

I would do an SPS tank with GSP all on the bottom. There will be no rocks nor sand. The GSP would consume the bottom of the tank and all of my sps would be glued on reef frag squares. As soon as the GSP start growing on the squares I would just razor them off. As for fish, I would add blue eye cardinals. After time the tank would like a DR. Seuss book, colorful trees and green grass.

Thanks! and when it has grown to epic proportion I'll start fragging and making miniatures for every1!!! 

This idea of course would be great for a tank at home. My cube is being setup at my office and there are way to many variables here. 

However, still considering it. 

Get the razor nano...

Cool idea btw.  Very neat!

I'm thinking halides because I know they work.

I had LEDs before and they didn't do to well with my sps.   :why:

I think we need to start the discussion with what lights go over the tank.