Need a fish sitter

Joshifer

Well looks like petland was just out for my money my clown isn't eating

And the poor things breathing fast staying at the top of the tank.

Would anyone have room for a small oscerillis clown to fish sit while I stabilize my tank?

I live in Woodbridge. I don't want him to die.

Petland won't hold him for me while this stabilizes.

I don't think he's sick probably just stressed. But I wouldn't know better I'm new to saltwater.

Please let me know thanks.

Or would it be worst moving him?

Edited by Joshifer

How long have you had him and how big??  Funny thing, I'm about to clean a small tank right now.  anyways, I'm guessing you've had him for just a few days??

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

How long have you had him and how big??  Funny thing, I'm about to clean a small tank right now. I could use some of my water from that, and Do a top off tonight anyways... But How big, and how long have you had him?, I'm guessing just a few days??

I've had him since Friday I believe. He's bout a inch a half long.

The store told me if I bought wet live sand. Live water. And live rock and bio spira it would be instantly cycled and all that. Blew about $200 in there to start up. But I'm not worried about the money just don't want him to suffer/die

Not all is lost... All that did infact go towards getting your tank going, So Keep it up, and stay with it... BTW, the new Spirula-whatever.lol. is not as good as when it use to have to be refridgerated. Nonetheless. Does sound like your tank may have some more Cycling to do , ;) ( cause It deff' does ), but have you tested your parameters yet??  If you are willing to drive out here to Sterling tonight, PM for more info.

Not all is lost... All that did infact go towards getting your tank going, So Keep it up, and stay with it... BTW, the new Spirula-whatever.lol. is not as good as when it use to have to be refridgerated. Nonetheless. Does sound like your tank may have some more Cycling to do , ;) ( cause It deff' does ), but have you tested your parameters yet??  If you are willing to drive out here to Sterling tonight, PM for more info.

I'm new to the area how far is sterling from Woodbridge ? .25 ammo might be from using prime. 0 rites. 4 rates. SG 1.024

But you need to see what your numbers are and if they are high I have some water made up right now....

My hydro is saying 24 idk those things are off. Also I'm using api fresh water kit from my 30gal fresh.

Since you live in the area would you have room for him for a few weeks while I stabilize ?

I don't have room for him unfortunently, as I already have 2 percs in my tank..

And I'm not sure if your freshwater kit is the same? But having some fresh salt water and doing a 50% change every few days can help...

My hydro is saying 24 idk those things are off. Also I'm using api fresh water kit from my 30gal fresh.

Since you live in the area would you have room for him for a few weeks while I stabilize ?

The api freshwater kit has a different chart than the saltwater. You can use the same solution though.. Sorry about your fish. Try to read up on how to start up a saltwater tank despite what you've been told at the lfs. You don't need any chemicals or live sand or live "water". The only thing you need is time and patience and not as much (minimum) money as you think. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I got room for him... Let Me Know if you'd like me to take him. I don't have a car ATM, until later tonight. But I'd love to help Recuperate the lil' fella'. As Jack said, Time and Patience. I once learned this kinda'. First  saltwater fish I brought home, Kept sinking... I couldn't figure out why... Figured out it was because my Salinity was Really Really low, So he couldn't Float/Swim/StayBouyant. Your goin' to learn allot in these next few months, and ever more after... 
  Bring him Over... STAT. Get the Drip... I.V. ready...

Yeah he's dying ;( he wedged himself over there breathing fast. Idk what to do.

We're in Springfield, if you want, bring him over and we'll put him in one of our nano tanks until your tank stabilizes.  Also, plan on spending some time at the store... we'll go over with you the basics of starting up a saltwater tank and put together an action plan for you.

Could be low in oxygen. Also, did you feed it large chunk of meaty food? I had a clownfish (6 months in the tank) that ate a large chunk of shrimp (did not realized @ the time) and was breathing heavily, lying around, barely swim for almost a day. But next day, he's back to normal. Hope it pull through. Double check you parameters... 

Could be low in oxygen. Also, did you feed it large chunk of meaty food? I had a clownfish (6 months in the tank) that ate a large chunk of shrimp (did not realized @ the time) and was breathing heavily, lying around, barely swim for almost a day. But next day, he's back to normal. Hope it pull through. Double check you parameters...

Frozen. Brine shrimp

We're in Springfield, if you want, bring him over and we'll put him in one of our nano tanks until your tank stabilizes.  Also, plan on spending some time at the store... we'll go over with you the basics of starting up a saltwater tank and put together an action plan for you.

A member came over to my house and helped alot. He looks so much better. Thanks again to SmallReef she's a doll.

She tested and every thing looked fine just low on oxygen she moved my power heads and all better ^^

I do however wanna get a cleanup crew ill stop in a bit.

+1. This guy needs help.

I'm new to the area how far is sterling from Woodbridge ? .25 ammo might be from using prime. 0 rites. 4 rates. SG 1.024

Why would Prime raise your ammonia?

How long was this tank setup before adding the fish?

Prime shouldn't raise your ammonia, but could interfere with Nessler-reagent ammonia test kits (the majority of them) giving a false reading. The test result can actually look worse.

How's your fish doing?

A shout-out to smallreef for going out of the way to help a fellow hobbyist! Another to QR for offering a little personalized attention and in-store education.

Why would Prime raise your ammonia?

How long was this tank setup before adding the fish?

I think he said he set it up Friday....but no cycling. Fish went in same day....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Prime shouldn't raise your ammonia, but could interfere with Nessler-reagent ammonia test kits (the majority of them) giving a false reading. The test result can actually look worse.

Could be getting a false reading because he's using api freshwater tests. The color card is different from saltwater.

Could be getting a false reading because he's using api freshwater tests. The color card is different from saltwater.

I brought my test kits over and tested nitrates and ammonia...

Nitrates didn't register but a slight color..not even 10ppt

And the ammonia looked less than the base of .25

Really I think he just needed to oxygenate his water more, has good water movement just none pointed towards the surface.

I brought over some water I had prepared for my WC and checked his SG...everything is fairly in line...just needs to do WCs to keep the ammonia down from feeding...