Smallreefs' 150g upgrade!

We have pressure and all is well! I have one pinhole leak(one drop per 30 minutes) at a joint on the first 90.... Going to take a toothpick and slather the outside of the joint n the morning when I turn the pump back off....

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it fully stocked yet? :)

No...gotta test ammonia and nitrites before I start slowly moving things over...I still need to stain my canopy..so it will mainly be rock and fish moving over in the next 2 weeks...I'm going to work on staining the canopy tomorrow after work with a heater in the garage,lol

No...gotta test ammonia and nitrites before I start slowly moving things over...I still need to stain my canopy..so it will mainly be rock and fish moving over in the next 2 weeks...I'm going to work on staining the canopy tomorrow after work with a heater in the garage,lol

The fun part :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...can't wait to move half of my rock over...and alot of my sand....

Might do that tonight as it may cause a bit of a spike in the current tank and I need to do a water change anyway...

Oh and that dc12000 is freaking awesome...though I realize I have to keep more water in my sump than my original intention, aat least if I run it on 1/2 up to full power...right now its on the lowest setting and its a gentle breeze in the tank,lol...so I need to figure out some way to put an extra baffle in by the pump,without draining it, so I don't have to raise it too high...

Oh and that dc12000 is freaking awesome...though I realize I have to keep more water in my sump than my original intention, aat least if I run it on 1/2 up to full power...right now its on the lowest setting and its a gentle breeze in the tank,lol...so I need to figure out some way to put an extra baffle in by the pump,without draining it, so I don't have to raise it too high...

I installed my DC12000 today - replaced a DC10000. My sump ran about 3-5 inches lower with the new pump!

If you want, I'll trade you a dc6000 and cash difference to dial that flow down for you ;)

HAHA no, I wish it had a little more flow to it. It'll do, but just barely :)

Haha, the offer was actually for Kim! We both decided on a DC right about the time we both started setting up our 150's. I suggested she up from the 6000, which is what I ended up with, it gets the job done, but in the future, I want to run my skimmer and maybe a few reactors off a bigger single return pump.

Opps :)

I have mine running my manifold so that's why barely enough - lots of feeds tapping off of it.

Kim - I've seen people recomend using neoprene weather striping on the edges of a piece of glass and wedging it into place to create a baffle. I don't know how well it works though.

OHHH good call there Ron...I may try that...I've seen it on Melvesreef I believe..

And I have mine plumbed directly for my return..so no lack of flow when it's not tee'd off to anything else...

Moved some rock over last night...after a FUN day out with Loni (Londonloco) and getting a few great new things with my GC's I've won at the last few meetings! So thanks to Marine Scene I have my first 2 inhabitants in the tank...not to mention the awesome yellow belly hippo tang I bought at QR.... Wahoo....

My 3 frags from Fins and Feathers are in the 50g until I get the new canopy stained tomorrow and put on hopefully Saturday morning to get the lights moved over! Sooooo excited and ready for everything to be in this tank so I can get my basement straightened for all these kids and people coming over on Thanksgiving!

Well, moved almost all the fish on Saturday...the chalk bass is MIA in the 50g with the corals...

But everyone else is settling in...kind of...haven't really seen anyone out swimming and I've turned the pump down to low so it's about the same flow as my 50....if not less...but they are just figuring out their space I guess...

Also...just got my skimmer moved over after a good vinegar bath for a day and a half....so that may help....

Going to work on the canopy this week so it can get moved possibly this weekend when I'm off...

And just waiting on some reimbursement from my company to get a few new things for the tank, but looks like that will all be waiting till the first...

That tank is looking really nice. Love the scape. I see you have a magfloat. Wont that scratch the acrylic or are you using one which is "safe for acrylic"?

Lol so I bought an acrylic one...it's not strong enough..,the acrylic is half an inch think...so I'm going to have to buy a big one...and do like I used to and stick a small micron bag over the inside part...keeps it from scratching