Hi from Annandale

Hi all. New to WAMAS too. I've had my tank for 6 months now and going good. I tried very hard to have patience but I failed. Im addicted to this darn tank! lol I'm sad because i can stare at the sump for hours thinking how i can make the gush of water flowing into the sump stop. I mess with it and by the time im done its worse than what it was. Lol. Tank looks good though, imo. :-)

I have a 95 gallon tank, 30 gallon sump, skimmer, light fixture with 4 T5 bulbs, 2 Metal halide bulbs, 6 blue LEDs; friends: 1 orange damsel w a milticolored dot on back, 2 blue damsels, 1 yellow damsel, 2 pajama cardinals, 2 bangaii cardinals, 2 clarkii clowns that are almost done beating each other up, 1 condalactis anenome, 1 almost almost alive green arm anenome, lawnmower blenny, black stripe goby, 1 copper banded fish, 1 yellow tang, 4 chromis, 3 peppermint shrimp, sand shifting starfish, 1 mantis shrimp that hitchhiked and would like to get rid of, hermit crabs, chaeto

Need some best practices on rock placement or is it called reef scaping. I'll be at the swap this weekend so say hi and give me some advice. Thanks! Frank

Oh yeah, this is my 4th tank since December too. I keep going bigger! Sad, I know. lol

Posted Image

Thanks all. Looking forward to interacting with the group. You all are great resources. Glad I joined.

Welcome aboard frankie..have to agree with flooddc on artificial plants... Algae magnets...also not as attractive as live corals,etc.. I love seeing a tank with thriving critters...and you definately want to get rid of the mantis before he has fish for dinner...

Welcome to WAMAS! What kinds of fish do you have?

Thanks - I listed the fish in my original quote.

Welcome aboard frankie..have to agree with flooddc on artificial plants... Algae magnets...also not as attractive as live corals,etc.. I love seeing a tank with thriving critters...and you definately want to get rid of the mantis before he has fish for dinner...

Thanks!  I have the plants in there for color, for now.  I'm just starting to add corals to the tank so the plans will be gone soon. :)  Yeah, the mantis needs to go and will once I find him.  I see the remains of my hermits every now and then so I'm thinking he's munching on them for snacks.

• 2 weeks later...