RBTA fail

I don't have a factual answer, but the first thing I might do is place it in a basket separate from a lot of action in the tank, little flow, and wait for somebody with more experience. Kind of like a QT, but in your tank. If the mouth is OK, based on my reading, it will probably get better, just keep a close eye on it.

Yeah, that doesn't look too bad. I'd leave it alone.

Hopefully you can get your pump cover back soon.

keep us updated bud. that doesn't look bad at all. just take it easy, no powerheads with nems, and she'll be in proper shape in no time!

But now you need a new powerhead cover. Maybe this will satisfy it for a while and it will leave the real one alone.

great. i have a couple foam guards that are supposed to be for the vortechs. some for the mp10 and mp40s if you want to see if those will work or you can just take some foam and zip tie to yours. glad she recovered!

Don't think it wont travel to that higher more remote area. They crawl on glass too. It moved because it was not happy with the spot it was in. Did you get this nem from me?

I give all my nems one of the corners of the tank right under a MH with moderate to high flow. None of them ever move..

I got mine from Almon, which I believe came from flowerseller.

I think this one has irritable foot syndrome.

Lol irritable foot syndrome, that's a good one.

(edited)

That's a tough nem. But he looks great and tomorrow you won't be able to tell it went through the washer. These RBTAs have been captive for long time and are really tough. They are almost impossible to kill, however, a few times through the power head will take a toll.

I have a few left for sale, but I expect they will all be gone within two weeks. PM if interested.

Edited by Almon