Finding Dory

Integral9

I saw that on the news this morning. It should bring more people into the hobby which is always good news for retail but it really raised the prices of fish after the first film.

sounds like we aren't going to have marlin or nemo in this one. Which is kind of a bummer imo. I felt Elen and Albert Brooks played off each other very well.

I have to wonder how many Tangs will be stuffed into uncycled small tanks after this next movie. The first movie even spent a large amount of time explaining how the fish didn't like being in their fish tank and there was still the explosion of parents buying "Nemo" fish for their kids without any research into how to keep them alive and happy.

It also made going to the LFS and Aquarium reallllllllllllllllllly annoying. Everytime I hear "looks it dory" or " NEMO, look its NEMO" I want to just bang my head on the wall.. I actually find it more annoying when people into the hobby do it...

I agree it can help people get into the hobby, but these also turn out to be the people who put all the fish from the movie into a 20g aquarium.

I have to wonder how many Tangs will be stuffed into uncycled small tanks after this next movie. The first movie even spent a large amount of time explaining how the fish didn't like being in their fish tank and there was still the explosion of parents buying "Nemo" fish for their kids without any research into how to keep them alive and happy.

Exactly... Thank you.. Glad im not the only one here..

Great. It's going to suck to see all the LFS's pushing Tangs into 20 gallon tanks. Sad. This is a situation where the stores need to worry more about the health of their lifestock and not the thickness of their wallet. Problem is, I don't see the employees asking the proper questions.

It also made going to the LFS and Aquarium reallllllllllllllllllly annoying. Everytime I hear "looks it dory" or " NEMO, look its NEMO" I want to just bang my head on the wall.. I actually find it more annoying when people into the hobby do it...

I agree it can help people get into the hobby, but these also turn out to be the people who put all the fish from the movie into a 20g aquarium.

Exactly... Thank you.. Glad im not the only one here..

I got 2 Nemos in my tank. How many Nemos and Dorys do you have in yours?

Smart LFS's will have kits set up that can handle a tang. And advertise it as such. With all of the appropriate components.

My tank in my daycare center has 2 nemos and my purple tang they think is dory. I find it funny my purple is mistaken for a hippo, but I'm fine with that and it avoids me having to put the hippo tang into my tank.

Hello haters. I've been expecting you. :clap: 1h 22m. Good response time, but you all can do better.

What if this whole movie is about Dory escaping captivity? Maybe that's why she is so <bleeped> in the head. Do you think that would have any effect on people putting tangs in small uncycled tanks?

Hello haters. I've been expecting you. :clap: 1h 22m. Good response time, but you all can do better.

What if this whole movie is about Dory escaping captivity? Maybe that's why she is so <bleeped> in the head. Do you think that would have any effect on people putting tangs in small uncycled tanks?

I don't hate that there's a sequel coming out. In fact, I look forward to watching it. I just worry about the ramifications from it.

I call mine clowns Nemo and my hippo tang Dorrie one I am a huge disney fan and two I pick on my cousin Dorrie and say she is ditzy like the movie and my tang LOL

For those that have kids, these movies would definitely help sell the hobby your wife! So bring it on! Any added justification like, "that's sooo cute" or "I want one!" is fine w/ me!

(edited)

There is also the "positive" side of things. My "Nemo" is now 9 years old. My daughter was 4 when we got it from the now defunct "Reef" LFS store in Burke. "Nemo" started her interest in Marine stuff and now she aims to be a marine biologist.

Oh, and as mentioned, it did sell the hobby to my wife.

Edited by mling

Fish with names are harder to flush down the toilet!!!!

Fish with names are harder to flush down the toilet!!!!

Agreed... People not in the hobby always ask if I have named them. I just dont see the point in naming fish, unless youre a child. To each there own, but I always laugh when people refer to there fish by name.

Trock wait till you have kids....my daughter just started watching movies (sitting long enough that is) and we watched nemo jsut the other week...she loved it.

she calls them by their names (well hobby not scientific) so she says Dori is a blue down, clownfish etc...but still get the its just like dori....luckily her first fish was a blue tang...though she likes the clearner wrasse better cause it will pick at her had when i let her stick it in the tank.

but kids influence you.....have you ever been at a bar and said i have to go potty......facepalm, shots, and the memory of what you just said is still there.

Trock wait till you have kids....my daughter just started watching movies (sitting long enough that is) and we watched nemo jsut the other week...she loved it.

she calls them by their names (well hobby not scientific) so she says Dori is a blue down, clownfish etc...but still get the its just like dori....luckily her first fish was a blue tang...though she likes the clearner wrasse better cause it will pick at her had when i let her stick it in the tank.

but kids influence you.....have you ever been at a bar and said i have to go potty......facepalm, shots, and the memory of what you just said is still there.

LMAO..... Dont remind of the future to come... Ill just have them watch in spanish, maybe the names will sound slightly better.

What do you expect all the parents to do.......they show up and see Nemo and Dory in a 10g tank at Petco. I can hear it now....."the LFS is doing it so why don't we?"

Sorry, I call mine Dory and nemo's cause my grandkids love em and the names stuck

Im happy and cant wait for part 2 to come out. I heard that marlin and nemo will be in this production....

Whatever the case is I will watch it!

Im happy and cant wait for part 2 to come out. I heard that marlin and nemo will be in this production....

Whatever the case is I will watch it!