Dollar a gallon

mr.x-ray

For Aquariums?

Yep its a prime opportunity to get a tank for QT or to use for a sump. $1 per gallon up to 55g I believe....

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Not at all....it usually lasts a couple weeks I think but happens several times per year.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

The sale is for their Aqueon(Sp?) brand. It is usually only good for 10, 20,40 and 55 gallon tanks. At least that is what they seem to have in stock at my petco.

Up to 55 gallons is as far as they go I believe I snagged a 40 gallon breeder and a 20H last time they had it up. Ended up returning both, but I didn't know what I wanted. Will be nabbing my sump!

Do they advertise this at all? How long does this sale last?

They never advertise this. I only know because I have a couple relatives that are managers at various stores. Sale usually lasts a month. But sometimes shorter.

Just went by the petco in chantilly and picked up a 20h. They had a bunch of tanks in stock at that store also.

They also have a very cute small snowflake eel. Couldn't see the whole body but maybe 6"?

Pez and I picked up a 20L for QT yesterday. We have been using a 5gal Fluval Spec but it is too small for all of our fishes.

Confirming that Petco in Frederick (Patrick St) also has this sale going on right now. I picked up a 40 breeder ($40!). They have almost no tanks left (piles of 10s and some 20s) but said they'd be getting more in on the truck Sunday.

Yay. Cheap QT tank!

I went to the Vienna Petco on Sunday early afternoon to pick up a 40 breeder and the lady said that they were all out because some guy came in at 10am when they opened and bought every single one. Ok, whoever it was, fess up! Haha.

I then just drove over to the Tysons Petco and picked up two 40 breeders. They only had one left but the manager said they would be getting more.

I picked up one at the Germantown Petco to use as a sump. They only had the one, but are getting more. Had to sign up for a perks card, but for a $74 discount it's worth it.

(edited)

It IS advertised. I went on the internet to get the LOCAL store specials and that is where I saw it.

http://petco.shoploc...did=-2099957594

Edited by treesprite

Just got my Fuzzy a new 55G home from Chantilly Petco. Currently it is in my 40 breeder/slump. Going to connect 3 tanks up, DT, 55G for aggressive FOWLR, breeder will be sump and also water for ATO.

So at 7pm, Chantilly Petco has 2 40 breeders and many 10 and 20s. I did call before going as I was only interested in 40 or larger, so I would suggest doing the same.