Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

So it's been a while since I've posted up about the DT, TOTM had me busy planning last month, and I've really made some huge switches since then. The switches to radion g3 pros, the addition of a 20 gallon on the side, clearing the frag racks onto the rocks, and getting rid of a lot of my softies, and soon to be dosing. Additionally, I finally got into Apex Fusion, so that has been fun to play around with and really start utilizing my Apex like I should. I also picked up a white worm colony starter from Mr. Tang, and I'm busy keeping that going, hopefully in 3 months I will have enough white worms to treat my fish every now and then. Marcos is currently treating 3 sunburst anthias for me, and I'm eager to add them into my system.

Lastly, I had pink and gold zoas overtake my zoa garden. They started choking out some of my really nice zoas, so I pulled everything out and I am still needing to go in and clear them out. I want to make sure they are all dead and gone before I start adding my zoa garden back in its rightful place.

I had a great time at the meet, and really sold my self short. If anybody got stuff from my reef that they are not completely happy about, please let me know! With my zoa grow out in the 20, and all the additions I've made, I really am lost for space.

Enough talk, let me show you:

DSC_0075_zpsa3f38571.jpg

Piece I picked up from Taiscici, a frag of Tabling Desalwil

DSC_0068_zps311bf345.jpg

Paul's Bad Azz

DSC_0072_zpsdd7c4e19.jpg

Some Grandis Palys

DSC_0066_zps3934e9b6.jpg

Rainbow from Frank, growing like a weed

DSC_0058_zps66296a12.jpg

DSC_0056_zpsf8bdd1cd.jpg

Birds Of Paradise

DSC_0050_zps41b6f0b0.jpg

My new gigantic plate from Carla

DSC_0049_zpsc576f8a9.jpg

DSC_0047_zps8c23cf22.jpg

Blue something or the other from Dr. Macs, I am hoping this will color up a lot better, but nice polyp extension.

DSC_0044_zpsb8227b47.jpg

This was a little frag a year ago:

DSC_0042_zps4f5e043a.jpg

So was this:

DSC_0040_zpsa4595422.jpg

Red Dragon. I picked this up from the last meet (not the recent one, think back one more..) it fell into my GSP for a day, and I had it in a low light area. I've since moved it up, and it's gained a nice deep burgundy red. It's growing quickly, I don't know how this piece was so sought after and so expensive...

DSC_0039_zps723153ec.jpg

Deep Water Jackie from DaveS. I put it in low light. It's lost some color, but it's not bleached. I think with some time it will turn around quickly, I'm trying not to mess with it.

DSC_0037_zps9947e34f.jpg

Blurry zoas, always up front and center, so I think I just take a picture of them out of habit.

DSC_0036_zps1a11c21d.jpg

Same with this meteor shower

DSC_0035_zps1801e8ef.jpg

Got this nice yellow tort from Supernova out of a trade, it's gigantic... if you're reading this, thanks again!

DSC_0034_zpsf3e55ad0.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick, finally starting to grow some

DSC_0079_zps04b91f1a.jpg

Do you like my hats?

DSC_0073_zps58997413.jpg

One

DSC_0076_zps6d0aff59.jpg

two

DSC_0077_zpsa5c72199.jpg

Three

DSC_0078_zpsbed6b058.jpg

And I enjoyed this perspective:

DSC_0080_zps7807f4df.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang. putting down some diesel wizard ish now.

Hope so, in order to think like the wizard, one must become the wizard.

Thanks for checking it out!

Tank looks really really good, Isaac. I still think it could use one more radion dead center with the other two moved slightly toward the edges.

It's a shame those are so darn expensive!

"And I enjoyed this perspective:"

You only like that perspective to show off those sweet Radion g3 pros!  Rightfully so, great shot, and great pics!

Wait....I think I see some open wall space for another coral!  Man you have got that tank packed! Looks even better then when I saw it.

Congrats on all the hard work, it shows.

Tank looks really really good, Isaac. I still think it could use one more radion dead center with the other two moved slightly toward the edges.

It's a shame those are so darn expensive!

Thank you, sir! I And I still agree with you 100%. However, the left side is only zoas, and they are growing plenty fine at the bottom there, and the right side is only montis and zoas, so I'm not pressed to have them grow super fast on me, they do anyways. I am thinking about doing some supplemental lighting in the future. I will note though, that when I take the pictures, I turn my lights down to 15%, as well as when they do run normally, they are in acclimation mode at 35% tops during the day. I want to switch it up and take it up to 50% the whole day, and see how everything does, but better safe than sorry, right?

"And I enjoyed this perspective:"

You only like that perspective to show off those sweet Radion g3 pros!  Rightfully so, great shot, and great pics!

Wait....I think I see some open wall space for another coral!  Man you have got that tank packed! Looks even better then when I saw it.

Congrats on all the hard work, it shows.

Thanks! If you can help me find some places to squeeze more corals, lets do it! My sandbed is aching for a clam, or some scollys.

Thanks for the update. In addition I think it is time for a 300DD Isaac!!! :laugh:

Thanks for checking it out. I figure it's been about 6 months, time to keep moving up :) Just kidding, let me work out the 150 first, and then we will see if I have what it takes to take it to the next level.

Don't move for at least a year. I want to see this grow out.

Gimme your GSP rock too :)

Don't move for at least a year. I want to see this grow out.

Gimme your GSP rock too :)

You and me both! I'm really trying to stick around and see it go. I also would like a mulligan and want to take all my cords that I just threw in and added around the stand and apex, etc and rewire/organize a bit better, now that I have all of the tools I plan to use it would make sense to set up a little bit better. Maybe one day I'll re organize everything, it's not impossible, just wouldn't be fun.

I've got a few GSP rocks, let me know next time you get a shipment from Richard, I'll be happy to mail one out your way.

• 2 weeks later...

Time travel:

DSC_0353_zps651fe601.jpg

DSC_0259_zpsbf9c90d3.jpg

DSC_0258_zps51d025a1.jpg

DSC_0040_zps1ad6f47a.jpg

DSC_0075_zpsa3f38571.jpg

I'll do another FTS tomorrow and catch everyone up to speed, but this is roughly 6 months worth of transitioning shown above.

Fun fact, dosing now! Anyways, here are some pictures:

DSC_0034_zps56d40da0.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsd7d407f0.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsba451501.jpg

DSC_0047_zps83f982b0.jpg

DSC_0049_zps2c30aff7.jpg

DSC_0050_zpsfe093d53.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsa12e0eb7.jpg

DSC_0054_zps4d8a5cde.jpg

DSC_0064_zps0966aaf3.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsd2de5784.jpg

DSC_0072_zpsbf1d1a9c.jpg

DSC_0073_zps434158c7.jpg

DSC_0076_zps9171dd04.jpg

DSC_0077_zps8bbc7135.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsd7aca793.jpg

DSC_0079_zps6067ea15.jpg

DSC_0080_zps8ae9e534.jpg

DSC_0081_zps6c57ba6e.jpg

DSC_0082_zps736e1f95.jpg

DSC_0083_zpsd437226d.jpg

DSC_0084_zps48f5e4ec.jpg

DSC_0086_zps9cf0efca.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsf269ef95.jpg

DSC_0092_zpsd89ed96e.jpg

DSC_0093_zps33c42366.jpg

DSC_0094_zpsf57af43c.jpg

DSC_0095_zps777aabb6.jpg

DSC_0096_zps92b969c7.jpg

The brown one that is coloring back up is a wicked frag from Dr. Macs. I can't wait to get it's colors back!

DSC_0100_zpse2edfa00.jpg

DSC_0101_zpsb27fdd07.jpg

DSC_0103_zps72921f10.jpg

Left is a frag from Grahm, one of the RMF Jareds Tri-color Prostrata. It's starting to color up, and honestly, if i can get it looking anything like his, I'll be thrilled.

DSC_0104_zpsd393320f.jpg

DSC_0107_zps6477a3f6.jpg

DSC_0108_zpse2194a42.jpg

DSC_0109_zpsb9471932.jpg

DSC_0110_zps297f72ed.jpg

DSC_0117_zpse55ce4e5.jpg

DSC_0119_zps273020ae.jpg

DSC_0120_zps5cb591b8.jpg

DSC_0121_zps7e83d87e.jpg

DSC_0122_zpsa28bf163.jpg

DSC_0124_zps12fa7d2f.jpg

DSC_0127_zps3f563826.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsf4774384.jpg

I'm always impressed with this tank. When I think there is no way in h**** he can fit more corals in there you seen to find some room.

Izzy it appears that you have found your sweet spot in Reef Keeping. My only concern is Calc/Alk consumption. When those sticks really take off you will need a lot of 2 part or you can start usning a Calcium reactor. Just my .02

I'm always impressed with this tank. When I think there is no way in h**** he can fit more corals in there you seen to find some room.

Sometimes I surprise myself even, always a thrill to jam a little more in there!

Looks amazing! I can look at this tank all day!

Thanks for checking it out! I am hoping that when we move I can set up a secure camera and people can look at the tank all day, that's a little ways down the road!

I didnt see any numbers or letters so I can buy what I want.

Haha, if you're interested in anything, let me know, chances are I might have some on my frag rack.

You need names on all of the pictures, so I can start my wish list ;)

If you want to know what anything is, just let me know, I have a list somewhere, but it's tough for even me to keep track of some of it!

Keeps looking better every time you take pictures!

Thanks, Kim. I wonder if that's because it's growing, I keep adding stuff, I'm dosing, or my picture taking skills are getting better. Hopefully it's a combo.

Izzy it appears that you have found your sweet spot in Reef Keeping. My only concern is Calc/Alk consumption. When those sticks really take off you will need a lot of 2 part or you can start usning a Calcium reactor. Just my .02

Thanks for checking in, H. I don't think I have to worry about calc/alk consumption yet, it's surprisingly low, all things considered. I agree that when things start to take off, I will have to switch to a CARX, but I will cross that bridge a little closer to the time. That will give me time to keep my look out for a sweet deal, or research what I REALLY want.

Oh and thanks for sharings pics of your mini colonies from ERC.

No problem! I'm looking forward to watching them color up and grow, I like the bleached one, it's a surprise trying to figure out what it's going to turn into...

Hey man, GREAT pics! Impressive corals, but taking good shots of them is a skill in itself! Glad the dosing is working out. Love the progress

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Hey man, GREAT pics! Impressive corals, but taking good shots of them is a skill in itself! Glad the dosing is working out. Love the progress

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Looks great as always!!

Thanks gents. It's a labor of love. Think I have room for some clams though, right?!