Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!! Tank looks great by the way. You don't keep the radions at 90% right. I turned mine down to 60% and still see some bleaching.

Thanks! And yes, I do keep the Radions at 90% I slowly brought mine up to that rate after 12 weeks of acclimation. I also keep mine a little higher than most, as I really should have three.

Very pretty...and good jobs with the lights!

Thanks! I have Marco to thank, he walked me through the wiring setup. Which is super easy, I'm just really thick. I wish I could throw 2 more on either end.

Congrats on the wedding and the tank lights look good.

Thanks, and thanks! Everyone who sees the tank now in person says "WOW, what did you do different!?" Just added 2 HO T5's!

Tank is looking great!!! And congrats on the wedding!!! Looks like it all went smooth, you guys look so relaxed!!

Thank you! Slowly but surely. And thanks, it was pretty relaxed when all was said and done. Still a whirlwind.

Wow, Looks awesome. I need to stop by and see the T5s. 

Let me know! I still have your trap which I need to swing back. The lights really make a big difference!

Ha, Ha, Ha......He said wife.

Congrats!

What lake?

Fiji is awesome! You will love it!

Ha, Ha, Ha......He said wife.

Congrats!

What lake?

Fiji is awesome! You will love it!

Thanks, sir! Lake Barcroft, Falls Church! Looking forward to Fiji!

Congrats on the wedding Isaac!! Tank looks great as always!!!

Thank you!

Wow, looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! You're hit on my heels with your build!

All my fish have decided to copy my Copperband, sans the yellow tang. Here is a video of them enjoying munching frozen from my fingers. It beats broadcast feeding, and I know they are eating it all!

dude, much better video and with all involved basically - nicely done. this is with the LRS or some other food? i want to get a few more folks to try it out and provide feedback. thanks for the share sir.

dude, much better video and with all involved basically - nicely done. this is with the LRS or some other food? i want to get a few more folks to try it out and provide feedback. thanks for the share sir.

Thanks! I took this a while ago after, I just forgot about it as I was editing it via the Tube.

This is with the LRS, the copperband begs now, something good in there!

does it normally take da tube up to a couple days? i've been leaving things editing for days at a time and still not complete. didn't know if it was just my account or something.

does it normally take da tube up to a couple days? i've been leaving things editing for days at a time and still not complete. didn't know if it was just my account or something.

I've found it depends on what kind of editing/changes you're making. Sometimes it takes over 24 hours to do a simple cut, and sometimes I've had it last a week trying to add music. Once I came back, I put the music in pretty much instantly, which was a first.

DSC_0033_zps2b4ceafa.jpg

DSC_0035_zps48be7543.jpg

DSC_0034_zps55038002.jpg

Clearing out the frag tank:

DSC_0036_zps7e112c1c.jpg

Not the best shots, but they show how packed things are getting:

DSC_0066_zps819750b7.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsb48ce633.jpg

DSC_0064_zps71f59815.jpg

This guy is clearing up quick from the HLLE he came with, still not the boss of the tank... but he will get there. The yellow constantly picks on him, but the yellow is constantly the one who looks beat up, so somebody is not learning their lesson...

DSC_0063_zpsc1e070a8.jpg

Casualty. This was a fire and ice echinata that I had been growing since I almost started this tank. It got stung by another SPS, and RTN'd from the sting up, and then down. I saw it slowly happening while we had guests, but did not have time to even worry about it. It was a nice decent size frag/mini colony. Oh well.

DSC_0031_zpsdde09f15.jpg

Dude. Your sand bed is packed to the hilt. At least I'm not alone.

Dude. Your sand bed is packed to the hilt. At least I'm not alone.

There is actually a lot of room. I'm hoping for 4 more clams or so!

Lol.80% of my sand is gone. I wanna get some chalices so I've been emptying my x-sandbed.

Sand?  I can't even see mine. I have to constantly adjust to make sure nothing touches.

Looks like it is time to start fragging? Why not turn the tank to the left into have refugium and half frag tank?

Lol.80% of my sand is gone. I wanna get some chalices so I've been emptying my x-sandbed.

Let me know when you're ready.

Sand?  I can't even see mine. I have to constantly adjust to make sure nothing touches.

Looks like it is time to start fragging? Why not turn the tank to the left into have refugium and half frag tank?

I've thought about it. I don't know if I have enough frags to justify the space. Guess there is always time....

Big fan of LRS. Very clean and the fish love it!

Big fan of LRS. Very clean and the fish love it!

My fish go nuts for it, see above video to confirm!