300 gallon deep dimension ?

goodreeef

I read online about a person in atlanta getting a 300dd tank into house through a 36" door by bringing it in on its side. Has anyone heard of this? ,can tanks be rested on their side for short periods of time?

I've had every tank I've owned on its side except for rimless of course. Shouldnt be a problem.

I've had every tank I own including rimless on its side.... If it's going to hold hundreds of pounds worth of rock and water it better be able to support itself on its side...

thanks guys that is good to hear, I was excited about the possibility of getting a 300d down the road, but then measured my door and realized it could only come in sideways. That is when i started researching and found the thread about a guy in atlanta.

Sure, that's why both the tank and stand are 27" tall... they both fit through a standard door.

I had my current rimless tank on it's side for quite some time while I was cleaning it, drilling it, and storing it... this is all before I leak tested it and set it up... it's fine.

How often do people rest their tanks on one end? For instance, standing it up on end on a landing inbetween floors when coming down the stairs to a basement

FWIW, I'm currently in the process of ordering a custom tank 68x38x38 and the manufacturer specifically says NOT to turn the tank on its' end to get it through a door.

I have moved numerous tanks up and down stairs and haev put them on ends or backs though.

Edited by zygote2k

^what manufacturer?

I suspect that's an exception rather than a rule.

(cool tank size, by the way!)