DDiver's 300g/Restaurant Build

DDiver

Hello everyone, it's been a while but i'm back and I want to show you what i've been up to for the past couple years.

As you all know, i've been at Petland helping Ben and Kareem with the fish department for the past 2 years but most of you that know me personally ,knows that my family have been in the restaurant business for the past 30 years and I myself have been in the industry for the past 15 years.

Opening my own place has been a goal of mine since I could remember and ever since I got my hands wet , I knew I had to have my dream reef tank somewhere in there.The restaurant will be called Hibiscus Thai Cuisine and is located at the Home Depot Center in Reston,Va.We should be open for business mid March.I will be documenting the restaurant/tank build every step of the way.

Tank: 300g built by Adam of Artfully Acrylic.Dimensions are 72x36x26 and will be viewable from 3 sides.

Sump: 60g Laguna Tub

Return Pump: Snapper/Dart Hybrid

Lighting: 4 AI Vega Colors and T5 supplements.

Equipment: Geo CaRx , BRS Jumbo GFO and Carbon Reactors, Skimz Protein Skimmer, Kalk Stirrer, GHL Profilux Doser(Glorified ATO lol)

Pictures to come so stay tuned!!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, Billy. I have a friend who's sister had a Thai place in Sterling a few years ago. Post up again when it's open. My wife and I enjoy Thai food and we'll be sure to come in. Location-wise, are you talking about the HD there on the corner of Baron Cameron and Reston Parkway?

Excellent, Billy. I have a friend who's sister had a Thai place in Sterling a few years ago. Post up again when it's open. My wife and I enjoy Thai food and we'll be sure to come in. Location-wise, are you talking about the HD there on the corner of Baron Cameron and Reston Parkway?

Exactly Tom..Right to the left side of the parking lot if you are looking out the front door of HD.It use to be Greenberry Coffee.

Here's a rendering of what the tank will look like.Disregard the corner overflow since there wont be one.I don't know how to make this pdf an image so you'll just have to click on it.

20120807153954038.pdf

Edited by DDiver

post-2631591-0-64922700-1356236454_thumb.jpgHere is a mock up of the tank except for that the height of the overflow will be 10" instead of 6". Edited by DDiver

Thank you everyone for the kind words.I hope to see you guys once we are open.

ah man can i resever the table next to the tank now?? going to be a nice looking set up, if you need any help with moving or anything please let me know.

I might need some manpower getting the tank where it needs to go so i might take you up on that in the near future Evan.

This is going to be an awesome build. Can't wait to see it come to life! Oh and I'm a sucker for some good Thai.

I think you're right Steve... :clap:

Oh man this is some awesome news! My family loves Thai food, we've been looking for a new restaurant, and this will be very close to my house! Having a sweet tank is just icing on the cake.

Lmk if you need some help, I should be able to sneak away once in a while.

Congratz on opening up your own restaurant, Billy! Let me know if I can be of any assistance with the tank move. Also, make sure to post up a menu when it becomes available :)

DDiver,

That 3-side layout is awesome and very similar to mine. You could consider hanging panels from the ceiling or top part of cabinet frame. They would swing out and give you clearance to work and get in on the 3 open sides of the tank. And looks cleaner with no doors or handles. Looks more like a wall than a cabinet. I did the same thing in my house. I will take some pics and send of the inside framing when I get home later. Also u r free to come see it anytime u r in dc. This is all I have on my iPad now.....

post-2633250-0-70476500-1356278092_thumb.jpg

Oh man this is some awesome news! My family loves Thai food, we've been looking for a new restaurant, and this will be very close to my house! Having a sweet tank is just icing on the cake.

Lmk if you need some help, I should be able to sneak away once in a while.

that's right Dave, you're right around the corner...sweet.

Congratz on opening up your own restaurant, Billy! Let me know if I can be of any assistance with the tank move. Also, make sure to post up a menu when it becomes available :)

Will do Dan, thanks.