pizzaguy's new build (this one is the one) no more changing

pizzaguy

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last but not least my beautiful first grandchild born dec. 23rd 2014. maddox kaysen westfall

20141223_185415_zpsm5jjztaq.jpg

20141229_125324_zpsj4owhqpe.jpg

Congrats gdad. Also, FTS!? Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dont laugh at color or cords. lots of changes happening right now.

20141229_224417_zps2wkotv50.jpg

20141229_224433_zpspynuzchs.jpg

20141229_224447_zpsqu9w5udn.jpg

20141229_224521_zpsxhbxx92u.jpg

duffy working on that fix right now. hopefully water testing and aquascaping this week. 180 gallon upgrade

20141229_225823_zpszqvhcbak.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Newest addition to the family

20150110_212235_zpsvss169sk.jpg

You will have to keep us updated on whether or not he/ she starts eating your corals or if you lose PE.

BEAUTIFUL!

Will do. The 180 is cycling now so gonna be alot bigger with less coral. I'm cool if he pecks sps as long as he doesn't kill my lps.

New home is coming along

20150111_220546_zpsjke2grkn.jpg

Looks good man. Fwiw, I couldn't find a single account of anybody who kept a blueface that didn't love zoas from the start, or if it didn't, grew to love them be it a month, or years.

I can't assume that risk, but s blueface is my holy grail fish.

I had a blueface, regal and emporor in my 180 hoping one would take a liking to my zoas and plays that were growing out of control.....not one of them touched them if you feed a lot which I did to keep the other 30 fish happy they probably won't touch anything.

Got to love the shag carpet  :laugh: Looking good nice stand (hint}

+1

Sorry Eric.the carpet caught me eye the most too..haha..

Good luck w/ the rest of the build!

Blue face is doing great so far. I know it's still very early but don't bash me I played Russian roulette as marco says. anyways tank mates picked at first he hid for a while pecked a little food if it got to him. Tonight he came all the way out and ate like the rest of his tankmates. Haven't seen him touch any coral yet. He actually live on euyphillia island and they are my biggest concern with him.

I had a blueface, regal and emporor in my 180 hoping one would take a liking to my zoas and plays that were growing out of control.....not one of them touched them if you feed a lot which I did to keep the other 30 fish happy they probably won't touch anything.

Million dollar question is how long did you have a blueface with all your zoas?

Blue face is doing great so far. I know it's still very early but don't bash me I played Russian roulette as marco says. anyways tank mates picked at first he hid for a while pecked a little food if it got to him. Tonight he came all the way out and ate like the rest of his tankmates. Haven't seen him touch any coral yet. He actually live on euyphillia island and they are my biggest concern with him.

Sorry bud, but I think you rolled the dice, I am hoping it works out for you, I would love to do the same one day! 

If it turns bad I sure hope the zoas can grow faster then he eats them or I feel sorry for the zoas.... lol

Had him for over a year it was closer to a year and a half until I broke my 180 down and all three Angels died along with all of my live stock with my heater dying none of them bothered my clams either I might have lucked out but I think keeping them well fed is the key. Good luck with him that is my favorite fish and will definitely get another when I set my 250 up.

• 2 weeks later...

Your build thread title has become oddly ironic! Hows the 180 looking?

Looking like dinos and lots of it it's Cy long but I have plenty left to do. Nitrite kicking in ammonia coming down. Won't be long