Der ABT 156g Build

Der ABT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i hadnt even thought of a sea hare.....may have to give one a shot.......front glass has been clear for several days now, and the water looks so pristine im suprising myself..... thanks for the suggestion.

no progress on the frag tank yet, family stuff keeps getting in the way...well thats my excuse.  going to try get the last pieces of wood cut so i can start assembling/painting at night and not wake up everyone.

put my second D120 on the 40 breeder (pretty much shut down my daughters tank) and cause an algea bloom with the extra light i think....not to mention the skimmer hadnt been emptied in a while.... so i plan to take down the 30g tonight or tomorrow and hopefully that will help motivate more and more work....we shall see.

• 1 month later...

Evan,

I feel that I need an update of your build with pics......2months.

Also with Sebring 48 Hours...since your race website is not updated with any results

Might as well kill two birds with one stone. :tongue:

Haha ok I'll try to get around to it....Had a week in disney and then this weekend is a bday weekend for one of the little ones....so just been busy....

SEBRING was awesome....5th place in the first race that is not a points race......2nd sprint and the enduro are points races.....1st in class in the sprint and 1st in class and overall for th 90 min enduro. ....good start to a season...I'll try for some pics too...crazy nice cars down there

Haha ok I'll try to get around to it....Had a week in disney and then this weekend is a bday weekend for one of the little ones....so just been busy....

SEBRING was awesome....5th place in the first race that is not a points race......2nd sprint and the enduro are points races.....1st in class in the sprint and 1st in class and overall for th 90 min enduro. ....good start to a season...I'll try for some pics too...crazy nice cars down there

Congrats!

• 1 month later...

Bump for the shark tank! What's going on over there!?

CARPs......i keep forgetting to update....ill try to get a pic tonight or tomorrow after a water change is finally complete

Not a whole lot going on, keep having to travel for work etc so it messes up my routine.....Looks like i may be moving in a couple months (back to arlington) so going to have some big changes and a forced revamp which is a good thing.

tried a sea hare out and thought i lost it over a month ago...found it 2 days ago in the overflow cleaning it out...thing has seriously trippled in size (yet you cant even tell its making a dent).....briopsis is freaking annoying......but added some gfo which i need to change this weekend and it seems to be staying the same vs growing finally...i think my sump has a bit of a detritus issue (threw a bunch of live rock from the cube break down in there a while ago)

Corals are all doing suprisingly well considering....need to replace my co2 regulator...its getting a little coroaded in the needle valve so the bubbles keep stopping...

need to break down the frag tank...only going to be able to have 1 tank at the new place so probably going to stick with the 156....which really bums me out cause taht means i cant set up the 80g....though i may try to sneak it in as the "sump" or an inline (overflow fed type of deal but im guessing it will be a little too big....may sneak in the 30g or just deal with 1 tank for a while....its harder to downsize than i thougt....My hats off to you Isaac.

so trying to get lists of all the spare things in the garage and start clearing that out (skimmers, pumps, tanks, dosers, light fixtures i started to tinker with making t5s from pc, and a long laundry list of things that my wife wants to see gone, technically so do i)  

Also going to have to get rid of some fish, probably goign to get rid of my yellow tang, wantanabi, and at least one clown (probably my onyx which i HATE to do cause i love onyx clowns) and possibly another set of clowns since the fazio picasso's i have woudl be destroyed by the giant female i have in the main tank with her mate (who are now starting to show signs of eggs.....and have chosen some briopsis/hair algea as their anemone)

im going to try to keep both pairs (one in the sump frag maybe).

also have now dropped two auto feeders in the water so have to replace those before i travel next week, my die hard Rio 3300 which was my water change return pump (pumped water into the sink) finially died, tried to replace it with a mag9 and of course the mag will not chew threw all of the algea that the rio would....so now its back to buckets accross the carpet which i dread....cant justify buying any new pumps till i know what ill need at the new location....basically been a comedy or errors and old equipment needing replacement which i dont really have money for right now with all the school, kids birthday parties, etc etc etc....guess its more motivation to sell some spare stuff.

but hopefully ill be able to set it up correctly from what ive learned here and actually finish the job rather than doing it 3/4 of the way and starting something else (its going to be in my office at the new place so its going to have to actually be finished or it wont come over....

That's good motivation!

I am digging the Biocube, but I miss fish, nems, and t5. We pretty much are doing a location switch, I'm right out by you now. Lmk if you need a hand.

Look forward to a picture!

Evan, sorry to hear about all the misfortunes! I'm sure this time next year you will have everything set up and we can all laugh about this.

@Isaac, You trying to tell me I shouldn't have my nems in my biocube?!

Evan, sorry to hear about all the misfortunes! I'm sure this time next year you will have everything set up and we can all laugh about this.

@Isaac, You trying to tell me I shouldn't have my nems in my biocube?!

Your lights are better than mine!

I would stay as big as you can go. I'm hopeless with a small system. That's why I've lost a lot.

• 3 months later...

Well I'm sorta back from a long break.......haven't even looked at the sight ...many reasons from disgust with how I've let the tank go to....no time...to whatever...

Somehow I still have fish and corals alive in both tanks

Did a massive cleaning this weekend while the kids were at the beach.....cant believe how much better it's looking...unfortunately had some recent losses of some of my favorite sps.....not sure I'll be able to recover them as I don't know of anyone with them

Plan on moving the tank in a month or two to its new home...that's gonna stink.

But in the process of breaking s few things down and hoping to get to a single system vs the 2 running and multiple other tanks.

So you'll be seeing some fs threads but I'm not out yet...just consolidating 

All the fish have faired very well....and I have a sea hare that is rediculously large...I mean huge

I can't believe how much rock no can now see...pulled out some dead colonies etc and hopefully this will be the beginning of a new sps tank the way it should have been.

Will try to be more active on the boards....missed it but at th same time needed to stop the addiction for a little...I guess I'm quitting quitting 

I'll start catching up on pms as I have time sorry for the no responses

Was thinking about sending you a pm the other day. As always, if you need help....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(edited)

man glad to see you up on the boards. Sent PMs wondered what happened. BTW no pics not true !!! :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  

Happy Reefing!!

Edited by DCReefer1964

Ok here are 2 shameful pics

got giant sea hare.....check

20150702_212352_zpslbqys4nr.jpg

Shark still kicking it...and what's left of the corals

20150703_130314_zpsealiods7.jpg

It doesn't matter what happens in your tank, because YOU HAVE A SHARK. That is too cool.

It's ok, you're gonna move...so you can just thin out and then the move gives you a mostly clean slate. Will be interested to see how things change. Still looks like you have a fair amount of sps doing well