Lost pretty much everything

MBVette

I went over to the school where my big tank is this morning around 11 and there was no power; but the fish were still swimming. So I rushed over to best buy got a couple UPS went home and charged them up. At about 3:00 I brought them over to the school and pretty much everything was gone. I ran over to BRK and asked John if I could bring over my remaining fish for him to just keep in tanks and he said yes. So I ran back to the school and got my 2 clowns out quick, then my fox face was still swimming so I ripped apart my rocked trying to catch him; he went somewhere and I never found him again. Then I saw my blonde naso laying on his side struggling to breathe and I grabbed him. That's all that I saw left alive, and brought them over to BRK. I owe John a lot for helping and I hope those few fish make it.

So I lost my desjardini, yellow tang, hippo, magnificent fox face, 2 flame wrasses, mystery wrasse, 6 line, diamond goby, yellow goby/pistol, Randall's goby, 2 purple tilefish and I'm sure I'm missing something.

Then all the corals were dead and in sure the cleanup crew is not far behind. So needless to say I'm not a happy camper right now.

So sorry to hear. I'm guessing when more people can get power to get online, we'll hear of more losses... I hope I don't become one of them. I have no electricity, but it seems like everything is ok so far.

Thanks for the offers guys, probably going to take awhile before I add any fish. Being that there are so many dead things in the tank its going to be at least a few weeks before I add anything back in; and that will probably just be my clowns and Naso (if they make it).

I didnt really think about it to much this morning because I never lost power at my house. If I would have really thought about it this morning Im sure I could have saved some more fish or at least put up a better fight.

On Monday (or when I know the power is back up) I am going to place a nice sized clean up crew order to help clean up anything I dont get pulled out. I am also probably going to have to find some new live rock, but dont know yet guess we will see how long the power stays off for. This is probably the worst day I have ever had with my tanks; so unexpected and took out the fish I was most attached to; which makes it even harder to get motivated to clean the tank up.

You might want to hold off on putting snails and such into the tank till the levels stabilize. The die off might spike ammonia and kill the clean up crew. Skim wet and do water changes. Run a ton of carbon and then test after a week or two. Would hate for u to spend a bunch of $$ on inverts for them to die.

Forrest, I have power and can set up a 20 QT for you. I have room in my 20L to. Call me if you want help with this!

Very sad to hear... In the same boat

I images of some of the dead fish is just sickening

I wish I wouldn't have waited and opted for temporary placement ... I Can't help but feel responsible but in a bad way

Sorry for your loss. It's not even my tank but that really hurts to hear.