New Member, New Vendor - ArtFully Acrylic (Adam Bowers) Saying Hello to All!

Good Evening WAMAS!! My name is Adam Bowers and after being asked by several customers if I was a member of WAMAS I decided to join up after perusing the boards for a bit. I didn't know of WAMAS before I was informed of this wonderful Community by a gracious customer of mine. I will try to be as active as I can on the boards and help out where I can and where life permits. Between a full-time job and my blossoming business ArtFully Acrylic...and taking care of my wonderful fish...oh and I can't forget the wife in there too ;)...time is sometimes scarce as I'm sure you can relate.

I started in the fish hobby about 8 years ago with a small 5 gallon tank...then a 10 gal...then a 25 gal....then a 50 gal...then, hmmm I'm sure you see where this is going. What can I say, I live in a Townhouse in Chantilly with no yard for a dog, have always had pets, but my luck, I married a woman that is allergic to cats..go figure...so the fishkeeping went full steam to satisfy my vice.

Over the past few years I have gotten into building things with Acrylic. Here and there I built small aquariums for friends/family for fun and the experience. I quickly fell in love with the peace and tranquility I felt while working with acrylic in the garage that I started sourcing out more builds just for fun. Friends and family referred people and then they referred people...the builds became more frequent and larger in size, but were still "a hobby". 4 months ago the wife lost her job...the 2nd one in the last 18 months due to "economic times". That was all I needed...ArtFully Acrylic was born.

I began offering my services in Custom Acrylic Aquarium design and building to the general public on Craigslist and slowly but surely the orders started coming in. A few of my customers are members here on WAMAS. I don't know all of their user names (bcoop78 is one I know though), but hopefully some of them will chime in.

Anywho, I am here to help and offer advice where I can. If there are any questions that my expertise may be of assistance in I'm all ears...err, eyes.

Thanks a million and I look forward to getting to know the WAMAS Community!

Edited by ArtFully Acrylic (Adam B)
VTOS (Vendor Terms of Service)

Welcome, I am looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome to the club. In addition to building display tanks a lot of people would probably be interested in auto top off resovoirs and sumps. Sometimes you want to maximize the space under the stand.

Where are you located?

Finally!!! sweet someone local who can do great acrylic work!

welcome to the club and I hope your business does well!

(edited)

Thanks guys (and gals) for the warm welcome. For those hoping the business does well and looking forward to seeing my work I am looking forward to it as well. It's a joy to see something of substance built by your own hands house and support life such as the beautiful things that we keep in them.

Adam, good to see that you finally made it!

Yeah thanks Ben, glad to be here as well. Glad to see you started spreading the word before my arrival as well tongue.gif

Welcome Adam! I called a couple weeks about a quote for an internal overflow box.

Hi Valeria, I remember the discussion about the overflow box to cover the unused bulkhead holes right? Glad you are on here and able to reconnect. I sent you a PM. My phone took a fish poo day after we spoke and I lost all that wasn't saved in my contacts list on google. Give me a ring or send me an email. I'm ordering and picking up another batch of acrylic for few builds next week and could get the materials for yours at that time as well if we finalize everything before then.

Welcome to the club. In addition to building display tanks a lot of people would probably be interested in auto top off resovoirs and sumps. Sometimes you want to maximize the space under the stand.

Where are you located?

Thanks and interesting you mention that. I have another customer of mine that I built a huge frag tank for (48x36x12) who said the same thing. He is a member on here as well, but don't know his handle. Sumps I have done. The ATO Reservoirs I agree are a good idea for space optimization under your tank stands. They would be simple enough to make.

For location, I am in Chantilly (South Riding) VA.

Hey Adam,

Glad to see you finally joined. Welcome to the club!

Hares

Oh Hi Hares, good to see you chime in! Yeah I made it FINALLY blush.gif.

Edited by Origami
VTOS (Vendor Terms of Service) - for members, please contact the original poster if interested in business services. It's a violation of the VTOS for him to respond or to advertise outside the Vendor News or a sponsor forum.

Hey Adam. You must be the guy I see on Craigslist often. That link seems to be only a blue screen when I click on it. You may also want to visit www.pvas.com which is the local mostly freshwater club.

Edited by Larry Grenier

Hey Adam. You must be the guy I see on Craigslist often. That link seems to be only a blue screen when I click on it. You may also want to visit www.pvas.com which is the local mostly freshwater club.

Yep, thats me...up until I went through the hassle of launching my site it was my only exposure. Now I'm toying with Google AdWords and social exposure to drum up more business.

Which link are you referring to? My site? www.artfullyacrylic.com should do it for you. If not, let me know what browser you are using as maybe it has issues with one or more.

Thanks for the other local club link. I will check it out...hopefully won't take me as long to get over there as it did here blush.gif.

Thanks and interesting you mention that. I have another customer of mine that I built a huge frag tank for (48x36x12) who said the same thing. He is a member on here as well, but don't know his handle. Sumps I have done. The ATO Reservoirs I agree are a good idea for space optimization under your tank stands. They would be simple enough to make.

I saw this tank and it looked awesome. Welcome aboard Adam.......looks like you got some business coming your way!!

(edited)

Ok, the thread is back up (was temporarily removed). Thanks Origami for the understanding. I didn't yet have a copy of the Vendor Terms of Service so had one paragraph in my thread that was a no-no. Origami and I agreed to remove any offending material from the thread and repost it in lieu of me having to start it fresh...and that I greatly appreciate.

I will get something setup in the Vendor News/Sponsor Forums here in the next day or two for those things as requested and as Origami said PM is also fine. In the meantime, I thank you all again for the hospitality and the warm welcome. clap.gif I'm glad to be here and also glad to be of help in any way I can.

Edited by ArtFully Acrylic (Adam B)