What RO/Di Unit do you run?

Novi

I had the Aquatic Life 200 GPD unit and although it was a very nice system, the lowest on the TDS meter I could get with it was 7PPM. Never was able to obtain a 0 reading. That sucks for what it costs ($500).

Well I broke the SOB over the weekend. Yanked on the hose line and pulled it right off the wall and cracked it. Dude.... I dont even want to talk about it anymore because I am so mad about it!!!

Anyways I went with an Air Water & Ice Typhoon III w/ Booster Pump today. Sucks I had to drop $350 for it because I was planning on getting some real nice frags from people.

So what do you guys run and how do you like it? Anyone run this setup I just got?

I also have a hybrid, modified unit that was originally a "water general" model purchased off ebay, but now has parts from just about everyone.

I think it's more about the type and number of filters you use. I've got a Spectrapure 5 stage with two extra filters ahead of it......so I guess it's really a 7 stage system now.

I think it's more about the type and number of filters you use.

+1

For me, I use a 75 GPD membrane, 1 micron sediment filter and carbon block. No DI.

Water comes out around 5ppm TDS, which suits me fine. Those extra 5 ppm aren't worth going after for me.

I also drink the water.

I've been using that membrane over 5 years. I replace the filters every 6 months "or so".

I also have a hybrid, modified unit that was originally a "water general" model purchased off ebay, but now has parts from just about everyone.

:laugh: Same here, began life as a Kent Marine unit from dfladermaus (Paul).........now been expanded a fair bit. Sediment filter -> catalytic carbon -> carbon -> 75gpd membrane -> DI unit.

I'm lucky TDS in is 110, out I get zero.

Personally I think the 75gpd (single or double) is optimum, it's got the best performance @ 98% rejection.

HAHA I also have a water general and have "modded" it. First thing to go was the small horizontal DI I replaced with 2 vertical cartridges once I knew more about RO/DI systems. I am also a well-water redneck with a booster pump. Oh well, no chlorine worries for us, but Iron is a killer problem!! I can't complain, though, 220 TDS in and 0 out. DI lasts around 8 months and I am still on the first RO membrane and it's been well over a year.

I have the AWI Typhoon III 75gpd, love it, bought it when I first joined WAMAS in 2008 from a group buy. Always produces 0 TDS water and has given me no problems. I need a booster pump with 50 PSI at my house, just haven't got one yet.

<br />AWI Typhoon 3 here, at 75GPD. The only gripe I have is production time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Same here. I like this unit a lot. The production time is on the longer side but I leave it on with a bucket and before I know it RODI water is ready. Also, they have a great customer service. They just sent me a reminder to change my filters after a year.

AWI Typhoon III Extreme with booster pump (it helps with the lower pressure of my well system). I have two other RO/DI systems, too. Both from AWI. I've never been dissatisfied with either their product or their support.

I use the BRS 75 GPD RO/DI 6 Stage Chloramines *DELUXE* System($250). When I bought it I was not too familiar with RO/DI. But its been great, I change filters every few months. I get 0TDS. I've never had an issue with it, other than my habit of forgetting that I have the water running. Then it overfills the water containers, and goes down the drain...I cant wait to get my full ATO/water change setup DONE! But some other major things need fixing on this system first(pluming :ohmy: ). I hope the info helps!

IMO, anyone can make an acryllic or PVC can to put a filter. It's the filters and the order that you filter that makes all the difference.

My RODI was originally a Spectra-Pure filter that I bought used from someone. However, I replaced all the filters and membranes w/ AWI filters and membranes and added a 5th stage from BRS for chloramines and it has worked great for years. My only problem is the crap-tacular water pressure I have...

10 micron sediment --> activated carbon (chloramine) --> 5 micron carbon --> RO membrane --> DI cartridge --> reservoir