Large Regal Tang

Large Yellow tang

Medium Blue tang

Smallish Kole tang

Smallsih Tomini Tang

4 lyretail anthias

2 oscellaris clowns

1 fat algae blenny

Thinking about adding some fairy wrasses, a copper band, and maybe a different type of anthias.

Suggestions?

Edited by Sharkey18

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the bottom is going to be a flat tile, not the stone. Since the tank is recessed, not flush with the wall there is a little setback ledge. The flat tile will allow us to place our coffee on it in the mornings. I also painted the trim so that whatever is left showing won't be so obvious. They are coming back at 9am so hopefully i will have some cool pics tomorrow.

Also expecting fish from live aquaria tomorrow. Blue reef chromis that will be spending 6 weeks in QT. I need another QT tank. This process takes too long....

• 1 month later...

So it's been a while and a lot has happened. I keep delaying an update, but I'll never catch up if I don't just post it today.

Seems like all I do is "work" on my tank. :rolleyes:

Lighting and coral update: I am still running Jon's graph on my radions. The brown frags that I put in originally have started to color up really really well. I also bought all of Ryan's SPS when he broke down his tank. A lot of those frags browned out as well from dipping, QTing, and having insufficient light on my coral QT tanks. I have remedied that by buying two AI Sols from Oldreefer. Frag tanks are now looking pretty good, except for the fact that are too full of brown corals waiting to color up....

I added a lot of the corals from Ryan and the ORA group buy to the DT. Some are doing better than others but I think most if not all will do well in the long run. A lot of the frags that I added when I first moved back in ( November 2012) are looking great. Colored up nicely and encrusting. Super excited.

Fish Update:I have not added any new fish to the DT, but I have a bunch in QT:

Two bluehead wrasse

One Linespot wrasse

Three Swallowtail Angelfish (one male, 2 female)

Six Blue reef chromis

AT Quantum reefs I have

2 Rhomboid wrasse ( 1M, 1F)

2 Red velvet fairy wrasse

I am still a few weeks away from adding to the DT and it is killing me!!!

An interesting event is taking place amongst my lyretail anthias. I had a single female for quite a while. Maybe a year? I then added 2 females and a male to the tank. As I expected the single female and the male sparred a bit but weren't doing any damage. Well, "She" decided that she wasn't having none of "him" in her tank and about 2 weeks ago starting turning into a male. As of today she is probably about halfway transitioned. So now I will have 2 males and 2 females. Not sure how that's going to work out but I suspect I will have a male maldives lyretail FS soon.

A few small things I did. I originally had the refugium draining directly into the tank. (the idea of pods and all) But I didn't like the look of having another return dropping into the DT and the glass holes overflow was adding way to many micro bubbles. So now the fuge is plumbed directly into bank of 20's. Much better and less plumbing.

I added better lights to the refugium and am finally getting some macro to grow.

Still on the to do list:

1)Set up the ATO

2) Set up the dosing system.

3) Figure out how to stop bubbles in the 20's. The glass holes overflows produce TONS of bubbles.

4) Figure out what powerheads I need in the 20's to use them as sps frag tanks. Flow through the 20's is very low because 1) top 20 is the refugium and 2) overflows cause too many bubbles. I bought some koralia 600's and they don't do anything.... need to upgrade. The 2 20's with the AI SOLS are growing massive amount of cyano.

I am sure there is more but that's it for now.....

Recent FTS: but the pic sucks....

IMG_2281_zpse00a1af3.jpg