Chicken of the sea

surf&turf

This guy's an idiot. Coraline algae's grow from the inside out.

Edited by surf&turf

I've seen that video, led there by some website, can't remember what it was.

He might have a point, but misinformation is a serious detriment to protective measures. Sheesh, it would be like having your President have an affair and then lie about it to everyone's faces - can you imagine how much that would undermine the credibility of the United States and turn us into an into an international laughing stock while he was in office? :rolleyes:

I can see the man's point. Sustainable collection practices are the way that this hobby will survive.

Sure, the man's point is valid but the problem is in how he tries to explain the point. It shows he knows very little about corals, algae, and yellow tangs.

He might have a point, but misinformation is a serious detriment to protective measures. Sheesh, it would be like having your President have an affair and then lie about it to everyone's faces - can you imagine how much that would undermine the credibility of the United States and turn us into an into an international laughing stock while he was in office? :rolleyes:

Actually that I could understand, not excuse, but understand. Many leaders today, in Italy, Israel, France and elsewhere have politicans who lied about sexual affairs. Politicans crave attention, and ultimately these are viewed and judged as only actions of one man, not the entire government. ---- But imagine if a leader lead the entire country into a WAR on false pretenses? Like WMD that are a claimed to threaten our security that actually don't exist in that country. Now THAT would set our country back for decades, undermine belief that our government is honest with us, and forcing us into debt and near economic collapse. Imagine how horrible it would be if THAT happened?

Don't you agree?

Edited by davidm

I agree especially since the intelligence for that war and the policies that led to the collapse all came from the same guy who lied to everyones face:)

and this ends the political discussion....

As the political discussion was started by a WAMAS officer I naturally assumed it was appropriate for the WAMAS boards.

Tom, that sounds just like how I would say it... almost a cuss word!

Tom, that sounds just like how I would say it... almost a cuss word!

It's kinda the way I was saying it, as in "What did you expect? It's Snorkel Bob."

My bad, it was meant to be a joke, hence the smiley. Politics don't belong on the boards and this was not meant to be a political assertion, just a joke about people who speak without knowing the facts.

I think Bob needs to stop using the industrial grade O2 in his scuba tanks. The excess sulfur is killing his brain.

Based on these videos:

There is only 1 kind of algae and all algae is the same.

Yellow tangs are chickens; presumably because they are yellow?

He is a cowboy because he's lived in Hawaii for 25 years...

I think Bob needs to stop using the industrial grade O2 in his scuba tanks. The excess sulfur is killing his brain.

Based on these videos:

ROFLMAO. :clap:

Based on these videos:

Don't forget, it grows from the inside out and needs to be cropped off.biggrin.gif

OMG too funny, when I watched the first vid I had no idea that was Snorkel Bob, Ive read his rants and everything but never seen him before. Needed a good laugh today, thanks.