Popped up on DD previews

Chad

313443_10150348911894706_32999209705_7849073_868955358_n.jpg

Who knows what they will put it up for, but it is certainly unique.

I am not a huge fan, though.

I've owned two of these and both reverted back to 100% normal coloration... pretty cool to document though and it surprised ichthyologists...

yellow_white_tang4.jpg

yellow_white_tang1.jpg

Copps

That WWC tang is cool, I have seen it before... I saw it in their RC thread a few months back, rather cool.

The previews come up on facebook from time to time.

Copps, that is interesting that they reverted to normal coloration over time. What was the approximate size range and length of time it took?

... could you imagine paying a boatload for an aberrant yellow tang, only to have it change to normal coloration?

^that's cool, I didn't know that!

^LOL!! no joke, right?

^LOL!! no joke, right?

That was funny! I just don't find the coloration of the tang al all appealing to me. It looks like the fish is sick more then beautiful, that's just my view.

I agree with you, David. I am not a fan.

If these tangs can end up fully going back to yellow then it isn't a permanent thing, so I wonder what it is that caused them lose the yellow in the first place. If we could figure that out we could make some money. :cool:

I agree with you, David. I am not a fan.

+1

I actually saw one of these in the wild when snorkeling near the Big Island. Not really my thing but I'm sure it will be snapped up quickly.

I've always wanted one, but not for what they ask! Lol. Liveaquaria (especially the dd section) rob people sometimes. What's funny is you'd think that would hurt their rep, but noobs and wallet reefers keep that rep alive and well. I have been looking for one of these for a long time, have enough cash to buy it, but I'm not a fool. Hope whoever bought it knows what it'll do over time and is cool with that. They deleted my post on their fb page relaying what Rob posted though! Haha. Guess they don't want people knowing...