T-Rocks ADA Rimless Build

trockafella

Dont Tusks become the Super Tank boss eventually and bully everything known to man? Still gorgeous fish!

Ive not heard or read much in regards to that. I know they can hold there own with aggressive fish, but several people ive talked to that had them said they were actually pretty docile and peaceful with there tank mates. My tank doesnt have many fish, and other than the rabbitfish nothing that would even consider challenging it. The rabbit very quickly let it know whose tank it is. Only time shall tell.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy was fine with several tank mates, no evidence of aggression previously with various fairy wrasses and angels.

(edited)

I am really jealous of that fish. I am definately going to have one of those in my upcoming build! Have any better pictures?

Its still very shy towards me, unlike the others. The rabbit I can litterally pet it. It will eat out of my hands or try to clean frag plugs and rocks while there in my hand. Still a bit worried about getting poked by it... Here is the best pic I could get of the tusk for now, and a few other pics...

9-2.jpg

11-2.png

16-1.png

13-2.png

Edited by trockafella

^it hurts (speaking from experience). Kind of like a wasp sting.

^it hurts (speaking from experience). Kind of like a wasp sting.

+1 Got a little poke once, still felt like a bee sting.

9-2.jpg

I love the tusk.I picked one up from DD last week and couldn't be any happier. They are a great fish with lots of personality. Mines loves to eat silversides, he swims around with it sticking out of his mouth for a minute or two before he finish it off. I was a little scared of adding it with smaller fish be he completely ignores every fish in the tank.

Mine is starting to get more personable. The rabbitfish wasnt very nice at first, but they seem to be fine for the most part now. Its still very shy towards me, but im sure that will change in time. Also havent seen or heard it eating any snails.. It is definitely an eating machine though. It will grab nice large chunks of frozen food.. This has always been a dream fish of mine, couldnt be happier either. It really doesnt bother anything. I have a green mandarin and a transparent cave goby, doesnt bother either of them or any of the others. Its usually quite active as well..

Here is a few pics including some recent pick ups from Dr. Macs.. The begining of a hopefully nice acan collection one day.. Sorry for more cell pics, I got tired of fighting the camera so I did it the easy way.

11-3.jpg

12-3.jpg

13-3.jpg

14-3.jpg

15-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

18-2.jpg

20-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

Yea, me too. Definately your nicest coral in the tank...

Did you hold onto that chalice as well, or pass it along? Just wondering if it has done well for you.

Thanks Ryan. Now I have 2 of them..

Mike, I traded it away, im not a chalice guy. I just wanted the orange crush... Arent you going to miss having corals.?

Mike, I traded it away, im not a chalice guy. I just wanted the orange crush... Arent you going to miss having corals.?

Who knows what will happen between now and fish #1...

Acan garden looks great!!

Thanks.. Its coming along. I have noticed most of them have several new babies coming in on the sides... I plan on a much larger acan garden..!!

...begining of a hopefully nice acan collection one day..

I don't know, Travis, but I would say it's a nice collection now.

I don't know, Travis, but I would say it's a nice collection now.

+1

Thanks guys. I agree, but there are soooo many cool ones out there..!! I am just trying to keep a variety of colors.. I have thus far been pretty patient on making selections, I hope to keep it up, and find the right peices..

• 1 month later...

Hey I was wondering if you could help a newbie out? I just bought the same tank and it didn't have bulkheads or durso pipe.

Could you tell me what size the drain bulkhead is and what is the bulkhead for the return? This plumbing stuff can get pretty complicated.

As for the 20L sump, are those acrylic baffles?

1 inch apart?

Also, did you put a mat under your tank or foam?

Your tank looks awesome by the way. Seeing your tank is the exact reason I went to look for this tank.

I believe the drain is 1" and the return is 3/4".. Another member did my plumbing, but im almost positive thats what it is.

My sump just has 2 baffles in it. One is taller for the refugium, I dont use the bubble trap style with 2 pieces next to each other.

I did put some foam (crappy roll i got from HD) . I would buy a nice think piece if I did it again.

They really are beautiful tanks that are very well built. I couldnt be happier in going with this tank.