Who felt that?

LanglandJoshua

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap that was crazy!!!!! Knocked my sons root beer glass completely over on the table and swung our chandeliers so hard they actually hit the ceiling!!!!!

I felt diner minor ones. But only because I was standing still. If I hadn't heard the roar I would have thought it was just me. But the epicenter was from Mineralville VA. Just north of Richmond.

We (father and I) were in the back yard. I saw the house and woods behind us move separately from where we were. The cell lines can't seem to call cell to cell. Only land lines to cell.

5.9 magnitude

How did i know as soon as i jumped on i would see people saying "who felt that"? I couldnt even use my phone because so many people were making pointless phone calls saying the same thing... It was an earthquake. 2012 is comming.

Who felt it? Everyone from NC to NY (we do have a massive fault line, just not as active). Glad I wasn't driving, that would be an experience.

So who has glass tanks? Definitely wondering how mine is doing, acrylic - but ya never know.

An end table in my living room walked across the floor about a foot to 18 inches, nothing fell off the walls or anything tho.

Who felt it? Everyone from NC to NY (we do have a massive fault line, just not as active). Glad I wasn't driving, that would be an experience.

So who has glass tanks? Definitely wondering how mine is doing, acrylic - but ya never know.

I'm 99% sure that didn't come from a fault. From the area where it comes from is known to have collapsing rock which causes earthquakes which can be quite large. It was also only 1km below the surface.

That was crazy a few computer monitors fell over in the office. Still can't get the wife on the phone to make sure the family is okay.

Text messages work.

I heard it was 3 miles deep, all the information now is mostly useless. Metro is closed for anyone wanting to know, loved ones might be stuck in the city

also just heard the Washington Monument is pulling a leaning Tower of Pisa

YEP, texts worked better calls. I have gotten thru to both landlines and cell lines from own cell, but it took 50 attempts, its probably just call volume at this point.

anyone felt the aftershocks yet? they are reporting them on the news scrolls, but no eye witnesses yet talked about them?

Pretty crazy. About 45 miles south of me. We evacuated the building but back at work now. Email and landlines work so was able to confirm wife and kid are okay. Worried about those down in richmond.

Just got a call from a friend of the family. He was at his elderly mothers home. The quake hit almost directly under their house. The house was destroyed. They got out, but it was close. From what I heard they are all ok. Thats all that matters.

My gf went by and checked on my tank, she said it looked like someone took there hand and stirred up ALL the sand. She said it was a complete mess, but still standing..!!!

I work at a ford dealership in the Parts Dept, and everything started coming off the shelves, the car on lifts were shaking and a couple teetering on the lift, but luckily no cars fell... Wow, what an afternoon..